Ch 6. Shopping

"Boys! Breakfast is ready!!" Karen screamed down the basement stairs. The boys got up from where they were laying and went up the stairs into the kitchen.

Mike hadn't gotten a lot of sleep last night. He stayed up thinking about a lot of things, mainly about Will. He knew he liked him of course, but part of him hated himself for that. What would Will think?

"Mike?" Lucas interrupted Mike's thoughts, "does that sound like a good idea?" Lucas asks. "What?" Mike says confused. "Going to get some ice cream at the mall, the girls wanna go shopping?" Dustin explains. After the mall had gotten destroyed, they had rebuilt it. Robin and Steve refused to work at scoops ahoy again though. "Uh yeah. That's fine." He says.

They had gotten their ice cream and now we're walking around the mall trying to find El and Max, the girls were somewhere looking at clothes and when Dustin went to ask them how much longer they were gonna take he couldn't find them. Now the four boys were walking around the whole mall looking or them. "I think I see Max!" Will says, running towards the gap. The other three followed him. "El! Max!" Lucas said, out of breath. "Why did you just disappear like that?!" Mike says. "Didn't know we had to tell you everywhere we went?" Max said. "That's not what I meant!" El stands next to Max, "we thought you guys were going to get food?" She says. "Yeah but we decided to wait for you." Lucas explains. "Tell us that next time?!" The redhead says.

The two girls get done shopping and everyone goes to get food. "Will?" Mike whispers. "Yeah?" The other boy whispers back. "Are you okay?" He asks. "Yeah.. Why?" Will says. "It's just you have barely talked this whole time, I think the only thing you've really said was that you saw Max." Mike says. Will looks done, "I'm fine, Mike." Mike looks away from Will, not wanting to stare for too long, "okay.."

They all get to Mikes house and everyone gets their stuff ready to go home.

Everyone has went home except for Will, they hear Karen say that Joyce is here so Will gets up and is about to leave. "Will!" Mike grabs his hand. Will turns around, "What?" He questions. Mike pulls a bracelet out that is Will's favorite color, yellow. He hands it to him. "I uh got this for you when we were at the mall." He says. Will puts the bracelet on, "thank you!!" He says, smiling. "Will! Your moms waiting for you!" They hear Karen yell from downstairs. Wills goes downstairs and leaves.

What Mike didn't tell him was that he got a matching bracelet in his favorite color.

Blue.