Ch 3. Tears

Joyce and Hopper were making breakfast, Mike was still sleeping, Will was downstairs in the living room watching tv with El, and Jonathan was upstairs in his room with Argyle. Murray had left to go get some stuff for dinner tonight because Hopper realized there wasn't everything he needed.

"How is Mike still asleep?!" Will asks when El looks towards the bedroom. El shrugs and turns back to the tv.

Breakfast was done and everyone was at the table except for Mike. Will went up the stairs and into his room to wake him up. "Mike! Breakfast is ready! Wake up!" He says as he walks over to where Mike is sleeping on the floor and shakes him so he wakes up, "I'm tired!" Mike mumbles. "You've been sleeping for long enough and your food is getting colder as we speak." Will stands up. "Fine." Mike says as he removes the blanket and stands up, almost falling.

After breakfast Jonathan agrees to take Mike, Will, and El to the movies.

*hours later*

They were waiting for the movie to start, El wasn't the biggest fan of horror movies but she agreed to watch one after a long time of Mike convincing her and Will laughing at how much Mike had to say please until she finally did agree.

"Will? Do you want m&m's?" Mike said as he held out the m&m bag. "Sure." Will put his hand out and Mike gave him some.

A little over 30 minutes into the movie El was holding onto Mike and Will wanted to leave, he didn't know why he hated seeing them together like this so much. Sure he likes Mike but El's his sister, besides they're dating so it's not like he even has a chance with Mike. He feels bad for liking Mike sometimes because he knows how much El loves him. His thoughts were interrupted by a jumpscare on the screen. He grabbed Mikes hand and when he realized he instantly pulled away. "Sorry! I didn't mean to! I just-" He said quickly before Mike cut him off. "It's okay, Will, seriously." He smiled at him and Will smiled back. They went back to watching the movie but Will couldn't stop focusing on how close El and Mike were. He held back tears and looked down. Will really did not want to cry right now, he would ruin the whole night. He felt the tears falling and quickly got up from his seat and started walking away. "Will? Where are you going?" Mike said quietly. "Bathroom." Will replied while trying to get through multiple people sitting down. "Excuse me! Sorry!" He said as he made his way to the exit. Most people didn't care but there were a few people who were mad for him for being in the way of the movie. He finally got through everyone and as soon as he made it to the bathroom he broke down. He didn't know what was wrong with him, why couldn't he handle seeing them together?

After Mike heard Will say "Bathroom." He knew by the way his voice sounded that he had been either crying or about to cry. He tried to not pay attention to it but a few seconds later he told El he would be right back and he followed Will.

Will heard the bathroom door open and he looked to see who it was, ready to leave so no one saw him crying. But when he saw Mike he froze. "Will? Are you okay?!" He rushed over to Will when he saw Wills puffy eyes and his tears. "I'm f-fine Mike." He Lied. "Don't lie to me." Mike put his hand on the other boys cheek and wiped away a tear that was falling. "I said I'm fine Mike!" He pushed his hand away and left the bathroom, Mike following after him again. "Please tell me what's wrong Will, I hate seeing you upset." They were now outside of the entrance to the auditorium. They could almost hear the movie. "It doesn't matter. It's stupid actually!" Will says laughing a bit at the end. "Just tell me." The other boy says. "I-it's just like everytime we hang out with El you guys are always close a-and it's annoying Mike!" His voice getting louder as he talks. "I'm sorry.. I just don't get why you care that much?" Mike makes sure to use a soft voice or what everyone else calls his "Will voice" he uses it on Will and Will only. "Let's just get back to the movie." Will says as he starts walking into the auditorium. "Okay.." Mike right behind him.