Ch 10. Almost

When Will woke up he heard Mike and Nancy fighting over money. He got up and went downstairs and Mike immediately stopped paying attention to Nancy. After thinking a lot about how close they got during the movie, Mike was starting to think there was a chance Will might like him. He couldn't believe it fully though until Will told him himself.

"Morning." Will said, sounding super tired. Mike took the money from Nancy, "Morning!" He went over to the couch. The other boy following him. Holly was laying on her stomach on the floor. She always would watch cartoons in the morning and sometimes make Mike watch them with her. "Will!! Look!" She said, pointing to the tv. One of the characters were doing this stupid dance, making Holly laugh. Will smiled and her laughing caused him to laugh, which spread quickly apparently because Mike started laughing not soon after.

After they had breakfast Mike and Will went back to his room. Wills had taken his art supplies from the box he packed them in so he could paint while he was staying at the wheelers. They had decided that they would be staying for the rest of the week because there was a lot to unpack before they could actually stay there.

Will grabbed his supplies and start painting something from memory. Mike just watched him, he looked so.. pretty. He just watched him paint while also looking at some old comics he had. When Will was done, Mike finally paid attention to the painting instead of Will. "Oh my god- is that.. us?" He asked. "Um.. Yeah, i just thought that I would um paint it I guess." Will responded nervously. The painting was of this time when they were younger, they had spent that whole day together and were riding bikes, there was a field of flowers which Mike said were beautiful. Wills had taken Jonathan's camera that day, mainly taking stupid photos of Mike. He had gotten a photo of that spot. The painting had Mike and Will riding there bikes as well. "I love it." He said. Will smiled, "well good because it's for you."

When the painting dried Will gave it to Mike. "I'm definitely putting this on my wall." He said, hugging the other boy. "You're suffocating me Mike!" He laughed. They pulled away, their faces close together. They both started to lean in, their faces getting closer and closer. "Mike!" Karen yelled from downstairs. Both boys pulled away quickly, Mike running downstairs. He couldn't believe what just happened, they were about to... kiss. "Yeah?" He asked his mom. "Joyce is outside, you are gonna go help them unpack, go get Will." She said. Mike went upstairs, he walked into his room and Will was getting up. "um.. I heard her." He said. "Oh okay, yeah." Mike said awkwardly. God. How was he supposed to spend the rest of the day, no, the rest of the week with him?!! They were gonna have to talk about it at some point.

———————————————————————————

A/N: sorry this is so short, it's literally 7am I'm the morning as I'm writing and publishing this. I'll try to write the next chapter today, at least start it!