*Edited* Chapter 6

Gemma's POV:

Today Leland and I have decided to have a cook out and invite everyone. We're having hamburgers,hot dogs, steak, barbeque chicken, baked beans, corn, Mac and cheese, potato salad, coleslaw, macaroni casserole,chips, and home made cheese dip. I know it's a lot, but to feed this family you need all you can get. I was the one that suggested the cook out, he was just gonna hang with Duane Lee for a few hours, but I made him choose otherwise.

We started cooking at about 10:30 because we plan on eating at around 4:30-5:00. I started mixing the brown sugar, mustard, bell peppers, onions, and bacon into the bake beans as Leland started to season the steak. He was standing right next to me and shirtless...like when you look at him it's like OMFG! I just hope he don't see or catch me sneaking glances because gah...he is so fine!

Anyway it was around 12:30 when Beth and the others showed up. They were all dressed nicely. I of course went and changed before they got here. I picked out a black crop top that says '2pac' a pair of hot pink short shorts, black and hot pink Jordan's, and a black and hot pink snap back that also says '2pac'.

Baby Lyssa an Beth came over to help me as I was starting the cheese dip. They both had a different job. While the cherso was cooking, I pulled out the baked beans. They both came over and I handed them a spoon. Beth's eyes looked as if they were gonna pop out when she tasted the beans.

"These are amazing Gem!" Beth said.

"Thank you."

"Where is my spoon to test?" Duane Lee asked.

"Well call everyone in here to taste them than." I retorted.

And well enough everyone came in to taste the beans. I laughed at the sight, but gave everyone a spoon for them to taste with. They were all smiling when they tasted it.

"Goodness...you seriously need to give Beth this recipe." Dog said.

"Yea Babe...how long have you been holding out on us...do yo have any other secret recipes you haven't shown us yet?" Leland asked me.

"Yes...everything I cook is my own...or my uncle's recipe...he and I had one for almost anything. Like Parmesan cheese,mayo,and chili powder on corn." I said.

Right then the cheese dip was finally finished...all I had to do was leave it on low to keep it warm. I then gave everyone a chip to try the dip...and the same motions and words were said again.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

(Dinner)- still Gemma's POV:

We were all sat around a huge table and Leland just go finished saying the blessings. Everyone started to get everything I had made...and some of what Leland made. He looked a little offended but understood that my food I had made was pretty much a foreign food and taste to everyone.

"Okay...so how did you learn to cook so good Gemma?" Beth asked.

"My uncle and I would hang out and cook...or I would just go in the kitchen and use whatever we had to make me something to eat...so I just learned many different things...like put nacho cheese Doritos on a Bologna, ham,or turkey sandwich with cheese and mayo and that's the best sandwich you'll ever eat." I answered.

"Well I'll have to try that sometime...you might as well fix up our food everyday at work." She joked.

"That's actually a good idea." Leland piped in.

"I didn't mean literally." Beth said.

"Well...will you Gem?" Duane Lee asked.

"Sure...I'd love to fix you all some food all the time...it beats fixing it for myself." I answered.

Duane Lee did a happy dance as we finished eating. We then ate chips and dip, before we played '20 question truth or dare' which is only for adults. The kids all went and started playing the videogame. Leland spun the bottle and it landed on Beth. She looked a little daring actually...so maybe this game will actually be fun.

"Alright...what will it be?" Leland asked.

"Truth" she answered.

"Is it true...that...Gemma's cooking is better than mine and everyone else's?" He asked.

"True." She said.

This time it was Beth's turn to spin the bottle. It landed on Duane Lee.

"What'll it be?"

"Dare!"

"I dare you...to...go in the fridge...get out the cheese dip...and eat some without taking a drink for five minutes!"

"Deal!"

Duane Lee did as was dared and of course won. His turn to spin the bottle. And....it landed on....me.

"Oooh....what'll it be?" He asked sheepishly.

"Truth." I said hesitantly.

"Okay...is it true...that...Leland is great at it?"

I turned red and looked down. Everyone was laughing, except Leland and I. Leland looked at me and nodded. I guess he knew what I was going to ask...on if I should tell them or not.

"Um...true." I said shyly.

Everyone started to laugh harder as Duane Lee taunted Leland. Leland got up and put Duane Lee in a choke hold. He eventually let go, but after Duane Lee promised to stop asking questions like that to me. But of course he asked Leland how I was and Leland answered right away.

It was one weird dinner, but I love them so it doesn't matter. When they left Leland and I promised each other, that we'd help each other on those questions if they were asked again. I just know that Duane Lee will ask them again...I just know it!