Keen on me?

The day after Hobie and Gwen's conversation it was really awkward and tense at the HQ.

Miles' POV —

Miguel goes through the plan for the villain we'll be fighting today. But his words might as well have been another language because all I can think about is Hobie.. Hobie.. Hobie.

Why did he have to urgently go and be with Gwen yesterday? What is their relationship? I know Gwen likes him but does he feel the same about her? I shouldn't be thinking so hard about them. I feel so confused because I thought I had gotten over Gwen but why does the mere thought of her being with Hobie annoy me so much.

"—Miles we're leaving now" Hobie says, snapping me back to reality. Oh yeah we have a mission to take care of.

I get up and follow Hobie and the others to the portal. We walk into a very cold and murky variant of earth. We heard screams and immediately knew that's where we needed to go. After a moments of swinging we find our destination.

The villain we saw terrorising people was obviously not from this universe, he was far too colourful and the way he looked was just completely off to everyone else plus he kept glitching.

"Clear the area while we take care of him!" I yell to Pavitr and Gwen.

They listen and me and Hobie stand on either sides of the villain and start shooting webs around him, eventually capturing him into a little ball that resembled a mummy. We then finally open up a portal and kick him into it.

"Good job team!" Pavitr yells and forces us into an awkward group hug. Me, Hobie and Gwen pressed uncomfortably up against each other but I'll admit that I focused way more on Hobie's arms being wrapped around me than Gwen's.

We head back to HQ and Miguel seems pleased with us which has surprisingly been happening more recently than ever before.

"Come on Miles, let's celebrate at mine" Hobie whoops and drags me into a portal before I even get to respond, not that I was planning on refusing though.

This time we seem to teleport to the rooftop of Hobie's apartment. Hobie sits down on the edge of the roof with his feet dangling over the messy city under him. I make myself comfortable beside him and watch as he fiddles with something in his pocket before pulling out a small piece of paper and a clear bag with weed. He rolls it into a blunt with his long fingers and pulls out a match to light it, has he really had all that the whole time?

"You smoke?" Hobie questions before lighting it.

"Yeah" I lie, I haven't actually smoked it but i've been around a bunch of people that do. But he doesn't need to know that.

I sweat a little in fear of being caught for lying when Hobie quirks a brow at me, luckily he doesn't ask me anything. He lights the blunt and puts it to his lips. I wonder if his lips are as soft as they look—shit. What the fuck has gotten into me?

After exhaling Hobie passes me the blunt. I stare at it for a while before actually taking a hit. I try inhaling but my lungs tighten and I cough uncontrollably, through my coughing I could hear Hobie laughing uncontrollably.

"For someone that's smoked before you're horrible at it" Hobie teases and I look away embarrassed while passing the blunt back to him and try hard not to think about how this is technically an indirect kiss.

"Shut up, it's just been a while" I mumble and carefully glance at Hobie expecting him to make fun of me but instead he looks like he got the best idea in the world.

"No worries, I'll help you mate" Hobie says and inhales then to my surprise he grabs my chin forcing me to face him completely. He forces my mouth open and almost fucking kisses me! My eyes widen when I watch the smoke from his mouth enter my own, this time I didn't cough it out. I exhaled as calmly as I could but my heart was still racing from him being so close.

"How long 'till it kicks in?" I ask.

"Soon" Hobie hums.

______

Neither Hobie or Miles knows when or how they found themselves on Hobie's bed, just laying on their backs and literally just staring at the ceiling. Just being in each other's presence could keep them entertained for hours.

Hobie's POV —

I notice the way the room seems to get slightly lighter, how long have we been awake? Is miles even awake?

I turn around on my side to look at Miles, to my surprise he's wide awake. I poke him and he giggles a little before looking at me, his eyes that usually are so big are now only half the size due to his eyelids covering over half of his sight.

"You good mate?" I ask and smile when Miles turns to his side so we're both facing each other.

"M' so good" Miles slurs and I catch the way he glances at my lips for a split second.

"Yeah?" I ask and Miles nods, before dreamily looking into my eyes.

"Can't stop thinking 'bout what you did earlier" Miles says and slumps back onto his back, facing the ceiling with a lazy smile. I prop myself up by my elbows to look at his face more closely.

"What did I do?" I chuckle.

"When you did the thing where you put the smoke in my mouth, it was really hot" Miles rambles and my eyes widen at his boldness. Before I can make a snarky remark he starts talking again.

"Kinda wish you'd actually kiss me" Miles says, mostly to himself it seems.

"Miles do you even know what you're saying?" I ask, starting to think i'm hallucinating the whole conversation.

"Mm.. wanna feel you" Miles replies now looking straight into my eyes. It made something snap inside of me as I switch positions so i'm now on top of Miles.

I dive down to Miles' lips and sigh into the kiss. It felt so unbelievably right to kiss him and I know he feels the same way because each time our lips meet it lasts longer than the last. Miles moans lowly when I lick his bottom lip asking for entrance and he complies immediately. I make sure my piercing grazes against his tongue as much as I can because of the way he trembles and keens at the sensation.

We finally pull away for air and Miles closes his eyes for what was supposed to be a second but quickly turned into two then he fell asleep, just like that. I chuckle to myself while fighting to stay awake myself.

That night I learnt two things, one; Miles can't handle his weed at all and two; I might just have fallen for the guy who can't handle his weed.