Love is confusing

Miles was so very confused. So much had happened in so short time and he needed to talk to someone about it to try to make sense of it all.

Miles' POV —

I creep into the room of my dark apartment with an extreme headache and a bleeding lip. I can't believe what just happened, I first thought Hobie would be angry at me for kissing him and then he suddenly kisses me?! Nothing makes sense..

I sit down on my bed, not even bothering to turn on the lights or change out of my suit. I need to talk to someone about Hobie and Gwen. I'm just so confused.. and I can't ask Pavitr because he's just gonna tease me to death.
Then I remembered Margo.

I turn on my phone and immediately go to me and Margo's blank texts.

Me:
Margo? U there?

Margo:
Hey, Miles. What's up?

Me:
I was wondering if you
are free tomorrow?

Margo:
Yeah I am, wanna hang out?

Me:
Yeah, only if you're
down tho.

Margo:
Ofc I am. I know this
really cool cafe that just opened.
I'll text you the address!

Me:
Cool, see u tmwr :)

____

I finally let myself drift into sleep knowing I have someone to talk to. The next morning I wake up from my alarm. I rub my eyes before getting ready. Then I walked through the portal to Hobie's verse, only this time I wasn't there for him.

I carefully follow the address Margo had sent me, it lead me to a cute little diner that i'm surprised even exists in Hobie's universe.

I hear the bell on top of the door ring when I walk through and the sound of chatter. I scan the room for Margo and I spot her sitting by a window.

"Hey, Margo" I say and slide into the seat in front of her.

"Miles!" She greets and puts her phone down, flashing a genuine smile at me.

"I hope you like milkshakes because I ordered us some" Margo says.

"Who doesn't like milkshakes?" I ask and she giggles, right on time the milkshakes get served to us and I start sipping on the chocolate beverage without another word.

"So, what's got you so deep in thought?" Margo asks over her strawberry milkshake.

"A lot of things" I sigh, she raises a brow just like Hobie does when I say something he finds amusing.

"Go on, tell me" Margo says.

"You remember that girl and guy from yesterday?" I ask.

"Hobie and that girl with the cool hair that kept giving me bitchy looks? How could I forget" Margo stifles a laugh.

"Yeah them" I say apologetically. She sits silently for me to begin talking but i'm having a hard time knowing where to start.

"Well the thing is I like the girl or.. I think I do? I don't know anymore because Hobie's fucking with my head and I don't know what to do anymore" I ramble.

"Sounds like you're overcomplicating things" Margo mumbles.

"What do you mean?" She chuckles at my confusion.

"I'm just saying that it seems like you're forcing yourself to like someone you don't. You can't choose who you like, no one can" She explains, is she trying to say I don't like Gwen?

"So you think I like Hobie?" I ask.

"Well it wouldn't be so surprising, I mean he definitely likes you. So does the girl" Margo says and it makes my face heat up. Gwen definitely doesn't like me but Hobie? I mean he kissed me yesterday but what if he's just fucking around like he always does?

"Fucking hell this is driving me insane" I groan and she puts a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"You'll figure it out, Miles. Just know whatever option you end up going with will definitely work out" She says. It makes me feel a little bit better. After that we start talking about our lives and I came to realise she's almost as bad as Peter when it comes to showing pictures of things she likes.

Before we say our goodbyes she gives me one final bit of advice which was; "The best way to find out if you like them is probably to spend one on one time together with them"

So I did as she said and went to Gwen's verse, I squint my eyes at the light colours of her dimension. It's by far one of my least favourite ones. I knock on her window and wait a few seconds before she opens it with a look of surprise on her face.

"Miles? What are you doing here?" She stutters and tucks blonde hair behind her ear.

"Just been a while since we've hung out so I thought i'd swing by" I say and jump inside her small but cozy room. I almost bump into her drum set on the way to her bed and notice how she has a picture of us in it.

"Is that from when we first met?" I ask and smile at the silly memories.

"Yeah, you were so cute" She giggles and pics up the photo, glancing between the younger me and me now.

"You saying i'm ugly now?" I joke and she looks up at me with a certain look in her eyes.

"Not even close" She whispers and starts getting closer to me. I watch in shock when she closes her eyes and lets our lips touch. This is the moment i've been dreaming of for years now.. so why don't I feel anything?

I gently push her off and she looks at me like i've done something unforgivable.

"I-I'm sorry— I can't" I stammer and she takes a step back, looking up at the ceiling to stop her tears from spilling.

My stomach twists in guilt and I try to give her a hug but she pushes me away and turns her back to me while crossing her arms to shield herself from my rejection.

"Get out" She sniffles.

"Gwen i'm sorry, I really am—"

"Now" She demands.

I hang my head low and leave through her window. When i'm back in my own room I lay down on my bed and replay the devastating scene that unfolded just now.

Only good thing that came out of this is that I got my answer, but fuck if that wasn't the worst way to find out.

Now I'm stuck with the confusion about Hobie, does he like me back or does he just enjoy messing with me? I'll have to find that out. I really hope it will have a better outcome than me and Gwen though.