Chapter 41

Akarna. Akarna. They were clearly referring to her.

Her heart, which had started to grow warm little by little after entering the unfamiliar village, seemed to stop suddenly.

Thunk!

After confirming that the person completely protecting Akarna was a man, another arrow flew.

Tak!

Tevon caught it easily again this time too, and threw it right where it came from. He threw arrows like they were spears. He returned with a force comparable to the speed with which it flew.

“Ugh!”

The soldier, whose neck was pierced by an arrow, collapsed without a chance to even scream.

“W-What— guh!”

What followed them was something they couldn’t even see with their eyes. The man standing next to him had his throat pierced by a dagger.

Tevon, who had just thrown the dagger, pulled out another one of his knives from somewhere and tossed it lightly in the air. His expression looked much calmer than when he treated Jiwoo as an outsider.

It was the same with Lanceil when they first met. They didn’t like outsiders. To the point where if that outsider were to do something offensive, they would kill the stranger straightaway like this.

It was a somewhat unfamiliar appearance to Jiwoo, who had been favored by them all along.

Since the soldier already called out to the others, it was only a matter of seconds for them to rush into this place.

Someone rode in with three or four soldiers on horseback. The first two soldiers who ran in were shocked to see that their colleagues had become corpses.

“What are you doing!”

“You lowly pointed ears!”

Tevon, who killed two people in an instant, tilted his head slightly to the side, expressionless.

“I thought they were wild boars.”

“W-What did you say!”

“Since I’m a hunter with no other skills, I thought I’d give my game as a present for a special guest at today’s banquet.”

Tevon showed his teeth and smiled.

“A human being who is not worthy of being used as meat. What a waste of a dagger.”

The soldier in the front drew a sword from his waist. As soon as the white blade shone, Tevon threw an arrow he had plucked from a tree.

It landed right on the back of the soldier’s hand.

“Kuuh!”

“Who said you could come closer?”

Seeing that the soldier had dropped his longsword, Tevon looked intently at the rider on the horse. As he was about to throw the dagger at any moment, Jiwoo grabbed his clothes.

“Te, Tevon… wait…”

“Hm, what is it?”

Tevon’s eyes, looking towards Jiwoo again, turned surprisingly soft.

But for Jiwoo, there was a person standing in front of her that she couldn’t miss even if he only passed by.

“Akarna…”

He got off his horse. His gaze was always directed in this direction.

Aleph, the Crown Prince of the Kaarbaude Empire.