Chapter 53

The sound of running footsteps stumbled once. Jiwoo shouted again as she stood up.

“You’re here to find me. These people are not part of this!”

Even as the Crown Prince looked toward Jiwoo, he was not in the mood to let go of Tevon’s head or remove his sword.

Jiwoo almost crawled toward the Crown Prince, barely raising her body. There, all Jiwoo could do was speak while shaking.

Behind them, the tree in the center of the village that imitated Elandos was burnt to black. Ashes scattered over the beautiful green-gold village.

The village, which used to smell of sweet honey, flowers, and fresh grass, now smelled of burnt acrid odors. It wasn’t long ago that they danced round and round this tree, and they all loved eating and drinking together.

Let’s go together to El Ragneil.

When she said she would cure Elandos, they rejoiced over it like blooming flowers, but were now miserably on their knees.

However, it was different from the kind of miserable feelings Jiwoo felt.

The children of Elandos looked more frustrated at the fact that Seo Jiwoo had come here rather than the fact that they might die.

She didn’t expect to disappoint them. She couldn’t make eye contact with them. Jiwoo looked directly at the Crown Prince. Her pale face was drenched with tears.

“You just need to take me anyway. Your Highness, all this is unnecessary.”

“…….”

“Stop it now, please.”

Even though he found what he wanted, the Crown Prince still didn’t look delighted. Rather, Jiwoo’s attitude just now seemed to bother him even more.

“…There’s no reason to stop. Akarna, I don’t think you don’t know.”

There was no one here who could stop the Crown Prince. Jiwoo didn’t even have that much power.

There will be many excuses.

Since he had already said he would give Jiwoo the position of Crown Princess, these were words he could not take back. Since Jiwoo had disappeared in the meantime, it was enough justification for him to accuse these men of kidnapping and detaining the Crown Princess.

What would the other race, who did not believe in God, do by taking Akarna?

True or not, if he wanted to execute them, there were too many justifications he could lay on them. Even if that wasn’t the case, the Crown Prince had already considered the other race as a thorn in his eyes from long before.

Although he moderately said that the other race were to be reformed, the Crown Prince was a man with great ambition.

A person with an ambition that, if given the opportunity, would push away the forest where the other race reside and expand the empire’s territory with the Akarna.

However, in the meantime, the forest was not of great value, and he had to spend money and manpower to clear it.

If there was a justification, he could do anything. And no one will blame him. Rather, it would elevate his position.

The Crown Prince, who went to rescue his beloved Akarna, the Crown Princess, and cast a judgment at the other race. This will be a land that will make the life of the imperial people a little more prosperous, and one more line will be added to his achievements.

He never thought it was a terrible thing. He knew only after he had been hit by the blade, albeit indirectly.

The work of a person called the Crown Prince was something that modern people found it difficult to accept.