Chapter 11:The Letters

Mira's pov

"I'll text you the address " he said before cutting the call abruptly.

I received a text after a while from an unknown number so I assumed it was him

Meet me at-*****************
Be there by 4 o'clock. Early.

I proceeded to add his number to my contacts and saved it as 'Mr stalker'. I find this so funny.
Hopefully he never gets a chance to see it.

I checked the time and it was 3 o'clock. Ugh!! I guess I'll have to get ready. AGAIN!
Tara hasn't called yet, I wonder if anything is wrong. I can't call her now 'cause she might be busy.

I got up to take my bath and I wore my clothes. I wore a navy blue pair of (high waist) jeans and a black crop top. I decided to put on a little bit of makeup today. After I was done, I took a quick look at the mirror and went downstairs to eat my lunch.

Just when I got downstairs, the doorbell rang and I told Martha (the maid) not to bother herself. I was going to answer the door.

I opened the door and saw a delivery man.
He gave me a letter. I've been receiving letters since my mom died. It stopped for a while but now I'm receiving another one now.
It read,

I see you're doing well. Don't get used to it Miss Mira.

With love,
R.D.

The letters were always like this. In a white envelope, with my name boldly written on it in red letters. No address, nothing.
They were always short and mysterious with R.D. always written at the end.

At this point, I can't even tell if it's a threat or not. I wonder if it has anything to do with my mum.
I'm still a little bit bothered, but I have to get going now. I'm soooo late.
I put the letter in my bag. Skipping lunch, I ran off

***************
~at that café. Leo's pov

"What are you doing here" I asked, very annoyed by her presence.

"Nice to meet you too, Leo" Lisa said

"I thought I made it clear that I never wanted to see you again" I said as I watched her take a seat in front of me.

"Yeah, well life has other plans"

"What the f**k do you want" I said, trying to keep calm

"Leo, don't tell me you're still mad about what happened. That was in the past, can't you let it go"

" No, anything else? "

" Are you still receiving those letters? " She asked. How does she know about those?
" You must be wondering how I know right? It's not hard to miss when you receive a letter with the same pattern every week you know" she explained

" You need to leave, now"

" Why? It's not like you're expecting anyone, you always came here alone in the past"

" Well if you don't, then I will"
I stood up to leave when Mira walked in and dropped her bag on the floor letting some of the things inside onto the floor.

Mira's pov

Sh*t. My bag fell. I guess running in here 'cause I was late wasn't the best idea.
Just as I bent down to pick my things from the floor, a lady walked up to me and picked the letter from the floor.

"Hmm...this letter looks familiar" she said while turning to Leo. He didn't look as amused and shocked as she did

I quickly took the letter from her and placed it in my bag along with my other possessions that fell on the floor.

She turned to Leo one last time saying
"See you soon Leo"
I took the moment to notice how beautiful she was. From the way she talked to the way she walked. Everything was just so beautiful.
After that, she walked out and got into her car, a Mercedes-Benz to be exact. I'm not a big fan of cars but this car's freaking amazing and it's dark blue, my favorite colour.

She obviously isn't his cousin. I watched as she drove off and turned back to Leo

"You're early" he said irritatingly

"I am so sorry" was all I could mutter

" Whatever, my mood is already ruined so let's hurry" wow, what a jerk.

He didn't even offer me a seat or anything. I skipped lunch for this. I didn't even get to eat breakfast because I had to sleep my pains away. My stomach hurts right now.

"Uhh...about the conversation we had. I told you I'll think about it" I said and he raised his eyebrows urging me to continue "well, I thought about it and I've decided. I agree"

"Great, the wedding will take place a week from now" he said and picked up his phone. I felt so annoyed

" Uhm... sure b..."

" I just sent you the address of the store for your dress fitting. Be there on Monday" he cut me off.

I checked my phone and saw a notification that I received a message from him. " Oh ok" I said after checking the message.

"So I guess that's all" what the freak. I haven't eaten yet. Well it's not like I can even get anything to eat at a coffee shop.

"Ahh" I said as I held my tummy

"What's wrong? " He asked
I didn't speak. That's too embarrassing

"Did you have anything to eat before coming here? " His voice suddenly sounded concerned

"Uh..no" I said still holding my tummy 'cause of the pain

"Let's go to the hospital" he said while gently pulling me up and walking me to the direction of his car.

Who is lisa and she seems to have a past with Leo. I wonder what it is 🤔🤔. And what were those letters about, it seems Leo has something to do with them too.

I really hope Mira's ok.

My exams will be starting soon so no updates for like a week and a half

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter.
Please comment, vote ⭐ and share.
Thank you for reading 💖💖