Chapter 1-Mysterious Guardians

Rosey's P.O.V

Heaving,I stayed silent holding my breath and I listened to the sound of my heart beat ever so loudly. They knew where I was, they could hear my heart beat, smell my fear and could almost taste my blood. These blood hungry-hell creatures would not stop haunting me until they were sure I was dead.The door of the room I was in opened,I heard it's cold,taunting footsteps approaching the closet I was hiding in. The door was thrown open and then...then I woke up sitting at my desk and drawing everything I just dreamed of.

This has been my life, sleep, wake up in front of a drawing that portrays my whole dream and show my Guardians, has been going on for 19 years.

"Wow this is really dark,darker than the last one" Ámilie commented.

Ámilie and Nicholas Callahan were my Guardians,they say they found me in a burning room and they rescued me from it which I believe is the truth but they told me they didn't know how I ended up in the fire which is what I thought was bunkers.

"Reminds me of your soul" Nico commented on Amie's previous statement.

"At least I have a soul" Amie said back.

He tickled her and they laughed and kissed. I stared with a blank expression.

"Wanna join?" Amie offered.

"Gross I think I will wait for my own boyfriend that is if you guys would ever let me be a normal person " I said in dismay. They exchanged looks one more time.

I have lived a semi-normal life that being I was fed and brought up well but I did it alone meaning I only had them and other family members that I could only see once after some time which was also never explained to me. They shifted and stared at each other, they kept on arguing with each other's eyes. Ámilie squirmed and Nico had a hard stare conveying disagreement.

"Are you ever going to tell me what is going on?" I asked.

"Honey we are trying to protect you" Ámilie said.

"Keeping me locked up in here is not protection,changing the locks on my doors daily is not protection " I huffed out.

"There is a dangerous world out there and we just need you to be safe " Ámilie said.

"Are you? Because to me it just seems like you are hiding a whole lot of life from me. Well let me let you know that no matter how many locks you put around this place and on my door you will never keep me in here forever because danger seems to follow wherever i am –" Nico cut me off.

"ENOUGH!!"his voice thundered throughout the room.

"Get ready we leave by nightfall"he said then he stood up and walked out with Ámilie following close behind him.

Slamming the door behind me i got into the bathroom and got in the shower. I closed my eyes and let myself hear, i had always been able to hear things from a distance it was my 'gift' .

"How long are we going to keep this from her?" Ámilie asked.

"Not now Sweetie " Nico replied still piseed off,that makes two of us.

"Not now? When then huh, what is the point of keeping her safe if she is going out to seek danger? Huh–"

"The promise! That bloody promise is the point why all of this is happening "

"That was a long time ago" Ámilie's voice wavered.

"That doesn't mean its over,her dreams are warnings she is still there and they are out to get her now it is our job to make sure they never do and that she grows strong enough to be able to fight for herself. But in order to do that she has to wake up first" Nico said.

 I shut it all out and i just focused on the warm water running down my spine. Opening my eyes the water was no longer water,it was blood and it was all over my bathroom. A shadow walked in my direction and i recognised it from my nightmares. My eyes re opened and everything was okay.

Was i having hallucinations now?

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hy Dolls I'm back with a new version of In RED as I told ya'll in the announcement of the past book. Now I'm sure in this chapter there are a lot of spelling errors because it us unedited so please forgive me. Until next chapter. Happy reading 📚 😊