chapter 7-What was that?

Jacobi's P.O.V

"She is remarkable, no sign of magic, yet you wanna believe it's there," Noah commented as we all sat in my office after dinner and after I took Rosalinda back to my room.

"What were you able to find?" I asked Noah.

"Nothing. She was fighting me. Her spirits are way stronger than anything in this world," said Noah.

"But how can she fight you, I thought she was a victim of a dark fate," James said, staring at me.

"She still is a victim of a dark fate as she appears to be clueless about anything, but she knows how to protect herself," Noah clarified.
I glared at James, giving him the 'I was right look', and he puffed and rolled his eyes.

"But you guys, doesn't that make her much more dangerous?" Edda asked, being the only female in the room.

"I agree with her," Tyler said. He was my right‐hand man,he knew everything.

"So what can we do?" I asked them all.

"We have to study her, we can train her and teach her how to find herself and if it works in our favor she can help us take down The Voltaire " Noah brought up a very strong point.

Tyler jumped up in joy after hearing Noah's idea, but his smile faded soon.

"But won't she kill us after she finds out that we used her as far as I know she is the solution to end all supernatural life on this earth or life in general?" Tyler said

"Then we should give her a reason not to kill us," Edda said.

"And how do we do that?" James asked.

"We choose the purest way out by actually being the good people in her books," Edda said.

"What do you think, Jacobi ?" Noah shot it all back to me.

"I think we should play it nice and safe we could be all she has got because I am pretty sure that Dimitri will kill the people who raised her so our safest bet is to get her to feel as comfortable as she can be ". Everyone nodded and thought it was a good idea.

The meeting ended, and I walked back to my room. I saw her sleeping on the sofa. She didn't look as deadly as she was said to be.
I covered her with a blanket, and I noticed some movement as her brows furrowed. She started to move and rattle around. She was having a nightmare. I kneeled by her side and attempted to touch her, but She jolted up and moved as far away from me as possible. A light sleeper, huh? She looked at me, and her eyes seemed to calm down a bit. Then I felt it. Her spirits what Noah felt. But they seemed weak and gave a low to zero activity. I could tell she was also sensing mine. She looked at me deeply, and I felt something trying to pry into me. I couldn't let her do this, not yet anyway.

*******************************************

Rosey's P.O.V

"No," he said sternly.
No? what did that mean...well, i knew what no meant, but why would he say that. As confused as i was, I still chose not to ask... well, not yet anyway.

"Are you hungry?" he asked. I shook my head "no," and he nodded.

"I have a few questions for you," he said hesitantly.
I sat up straight to show him I was listening.

" These questions are a bit personal so I would need you to be as honest as possible but if you feel you are not yet ready to answer you don't have to " he said and I nodded in agreement.

"When you were captured, where exactly did Dimitri find you?"

"At a very sacred family spot, which is a special park with the statue of Emily Callahan," I said, my voice close to a whisper. It was in the middle of the night, after all.

****************
Jacobi's P.O.V

Her answer shocked me to the core
"You know about Emily?" I asked.

"Yes, but I do not know much,"

"What do you know?"

"Well, i know that she was well respected amongst our family, though i have no idea why. All I was told is that she sacrificed her life to save a million other lives just like mine."

I relaxed a bit she didn't know what I thought she knew. Her family must have kept her in the dark for the sake of protecting her.

"Okay, how were you captured?"

"I was hiding behind a bush, which i guess must've made his job a lot easier if he was already lurking in the dark."

"What were you hiding from in the bush?" I asked slowly. Her eyes teared up, and she started to cry as she relived the memory in her head. If only I could see it too. She shook her head.

"You know you can trust me. I would never hurt you," I said softly.

"Hurt me? That has already been done. I have been hurt a lot ever since this thing started. What makes you so special for me to trust you, if there is anything I have learned so far, is that i can not trust anyone. You are all just monsters." She said in anger and frustration.

A monster? I felt my eyes go all black as my temper started to rise. I had to get out of there before I did something I would regret.

"What was that?" I heard her whisper before i slammed the door shut.

******************************************
This chapter is a bit shorter, but it's there.
Happy reading 📖📚📚