Chapter 16-Noland McKinley

Rosey

I didn't know this Noland guy, but his name sounded like my Grandpa Roland's name, which bothered me a bit because from what I heard, Noland was just a spoilt little young Master with bearly enough experience. But then again, comparing him to my Grandpa who betrayed me at the last minute when I needed him the most, they are not so different. On the contrary, the fact that Jacobi doesn't know about my healing ability worried me. What if he knew but he was keeping it a secret because of some other alternative plan.

Was I being too paranoid? Hell no, I could never be too safe in a world secretly ruled by vampires.

"Are you gonna go in?" Jacobi asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uh...uhm yeah," I said, stuttering.

The car ride was silent most of the way there. Small talk was made here and there, but nothing too serious was discussed. Jacobi had explained the consequences if a vampire would cross over the Grendel River into the wolf territory.

Noland's quarters were about the same size as Jacobi's. Only his were brighter and shinier and just flashy.

"Welcome, Roslind coterie it is an honor to have you here," a young male said.

I had heard that Noland was young, but I didn't expect him to look like a 17 year old.
His eyes moved from Jacobi to me, and they stayed there until the smirk on his face had gotten impossibly wide.

"You must be Rosey?" He said.

I knew what this was about, he knew, yes he knew that I was kidnapped by Dimitri then bought by Jacobi he knows the whole story...who doesn't?

I nodded simply with no reaction on my face.

"So I see that Jacobi had decided to come brag with you here, but little does he know I also have my own little dangerous secret," he said, grinning maniacally.

What was wrong with this guy? My energy felt drained all of a sudden. It's like I could feel it just flying out the window with every second that passed.

"Come on, little one," his voice pulled out of my thoughts. I really had a bad feeling about things. A girl with ivory skin,that was not so different from mine only i was lighterbrown eyes, and chestnut hair came around the corner. Her thin, delicate hands were in handcuffs. I used to love those hands, hold them like my life depended on it, and they used to brush my hair before I went to sleep in my childhood. She stopped in front of me, her eyes watery and her mouth opening and closing like a fish.

"Rose?" She whispered. Jacobi stared at her then at me, then at Noland, and so did everybody except me.

"Ohh, you know her?" Noland said in delight.

Oh, I knew her alright, Clio Michaelson, the golden child of the Michaelson family, cousin, and a back stabber to me.

Her eyes were begging for help while mine remained emotionless. I looked at Jacobi.

"I'm tired," I said to him in a whisper.

He nodded and then led me away from everything and into our bedrooms, which were shown to us by one of Nolands servants.

The snow silently fell from the angry clouds of the night. Jacobi had gotten the fire started and had me sit by it.

"The food is on its way,"he said.

"I'm not hungry,"

"Ohh, that's alright, I guess...uhm...are you feeling alright? ""

"Yes, I'm good, just feeling very drained,"