Chapter 14- Audrey Williams

Rosey

The auditorium was filled with all the vampires from the quarters, which all came to witness the great Audrey Williams. From what I've heard she is more of a bitch than a leader and of course I gathered that information from Jacobi and Noah's conversations about her.

I also noticed that Jacobi called me "his" Rosey which I don't have a problem with but a question still stands, how serious is this "mate bond" between us because it is starting to make us do certain things.

I sat in the back with James and Edda while Noah and Jacobi and Taylor were in the front.

"How are you?" Edda asked.

"I've been better," I answered honestly. She just nodded.

"Jacobi Roslind, you are guilty of ignoring your rulers' visit, which is found as disrespectful amongst us as your rulers. How do you plead?" Audrey asked.

Was this a court case or what?

"Guilty," Jacobi replied in an 'I don't care' tone.

"Are you gonna tell us why?" Audrey asked.

"A member of my coterie needed healing due to the intrusive visit of Vincent Miller, which I believe was your fault," Jacobi said, making numbers of people gasp in shock.

"My fault? It is not my fault that you are still keeping a lousy grudge against Vincent, and it is not my fault that he doesn't like you. And you know damn well I could never be held responsible for scoundrious behavior. Now, who is this coterie member that is more important than me?" She asked, her words harsh with the thick British accent.

"I would like to see her she should come forward," the other sister said, earning a glare from Audrey.

"Uhm... Zelda control. " Audrey gave Zelda a death stare.

"Come fourth child," Audrey said.

Edda nudged me, and she urged me to stand, but I shook my head no, and I looked at Jacobi, who nodded his head for me to stand and follow instructions.

As i walked down the stairs, I could feel more than one stare on me, but the stare that caught my attention was Jacobi's.  It burnt through my soul in a comforting way and made me want to run to him. Damn this was a bad time for these feelings.

Audrey scrutinized my small body from where she was sitting.

"You," that is all she said to me.

"Jacobi, you have two options punishment or forfeit your seat as Master," she smirked.

I gasped.  What?

"What is the punishment?" Jacobi asked.

"Well, considering this is a minor offense, I propose a flogging of the offender," she stated in a cold voice.

"You want to flog me?" Jacobi asked as if holding in a laugh.

"I believe you misunderstand me it is not you whom I want to flog. It is the girl," she said with an evil smirk playing on her face.

"No," Jacobi said simply. Everyone in this room seemed to be afraid of this woman Audrey, but Jacobi would speak to her so indifferently, and every time he did, it exposed a cruel, emotionless side of him.

"Excuse me?" Audrey asked offended.

"I said no," Jacobi said.

"Roslind, may I remind you that you do not have that option?" she said.

"I plead the fifth. I deserve another final option,"

"Fine, your other option is you let us  flog the girl or you do it yourself," she said.

I gasped, causing Jacobi to abruptly look at me. I looked at him in panic.

"What?" Jacobi asked, defeated.

"Yes, 16 floggs, and after that, you will let her heal on her own without any vampire blood or and without any of your spirit jujues understood?" She asked, though it didn't sound like a question.

Jacobi looked at me, and he shook his head. What is he doing? If he doesn't want to do this, then he will have to give up being a Master risking his whole coterie to go rogue, which is what I've been trying to protect him from all this time. Here, he was about to just give it up just like that. There seemed to be a lot of thoughts in his head. He was torn. But he didn't have to be. He could just choose his coterie over me.

"I'll do it, it's fine," I said, shocking everyone, even Jacobi.

He looked at me, and then at Audrey, she had a look of shock at first, but it faded into one of sudden interest. Jacobi pulled me closer to him and away from Audrey's eyes.

"No," he said.

"Yes no, but for you, I can not let you risk your coterie for me,"

"Our bond refuses to make me see you in pain, I refuse to see you in pain. I will tare the throat of whoever dares to touch you, and I would burn all these people for you don't make me do that, " he said.

"Then you do it, you give me the flogging,"I said.

"I am supposed to protect you, not harm you,"

"You won't be harming me... Jacobi, please, " I begged.

His eyes pierced through my soul, and eventually, he nodded. 

"But I won't enjoy it," he said.

The whip was brought out, and everybody watched, and Jacobi got ready to whip me. The first lash came unexpectedly, making me jump in pain. For the first 5 lashes, nothing else could be felt but pain. My blood oozed out from the open wounds by the 10th lash. When it got to the 14th lash, I was losing my consciousness. I felt Jacobi's hands around my waist and distant voices, and then a gush of wind hit me all at once.

*****************************************

The smell of disinfectant and bandaid hit my nostrils all at once. My back was stinging with pain. I squirmed.

"Keep still honey, we are just cleaning your wound," Edda said.

It has been 3 days since the event, and I seemed to not be healing at all.

"It hurts," I whined.

"I know, hunny...ugh can't I just heal her?" Edda turned to Jacobi, who was sitting on a stoel at the far end of the room.

"No, we can't. The inspector will know if we do... Speaking of which, he should be here right about now," he said, and immediately, a knock sounded on the door.

There was the inspector standing in the door  way of Jacobi's room. Audrey kept on sending him just to make sure Jacobi was not cheating the agreement.

"Today is the last day. According to biology, her human tissues will start connecting from this day onwards, so there will be no point in me to come. " The guy in black said.

He took out some small glass sprinkler that looked like those table salt bottles at a restaurant, but instead of the salt, there was a pink silver dust. He sprinkled it on my back.

"Ahhhh! What the Fuck are you doing?!!" I screamed.

"This is so your Master does not cheat since this is my last visit. This will make sure nobody can heal you. The more healing they do the more damage they will cause." He smiled then went out the door.

The pink dust sizzled on my back at the contact of my wound. The pain was too much for me to handle, black dots filled my vision and my consciousness was lost in the darkness.
*****************************************

"Rosey " the voice whispered in the darkness. 

I looked from my left to my right but I couldn't see anything.

"Rosey" the voice whispered again.

"Hello?" I called out.

Infront of me stood my own reflection in a full length mirror. Suddenly my grandfather showed in place of my reflection. His body was bloodied, battered, and bruised,he was desiccating.

"Help me "