HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I headed to Taehyungs. I didn't want to go home. I knock on the door and Jiwoo answers. 

"He's upstairs" she says curtly, seeing my appearance. I bow and hurry upstairs, not wanting to bother her. Funny how she looked at me so easily. She went through her life, knowing she was abusing Tae. 

I see him on his bed, reading a book while listening to quiet music. He sees me, his hood looking up at me and his eyes widen. 

"Wha--"

I flop onto his bed, crying. 

"Kookie..." He says softly. I feel his touch the back of my t-shirt. "What's wrong?"

I hide my face in his sheets. I feel him playing with my hair. 

"Kookie" he says. I look at him, he wipes my eyes. "We can just lay here, if you want."

I nodded. 

He pulled me into his arms. This was new. But it felt..safe. I wrap my arms around his waist. 

"Did someone hurt you?" He whispers. I just held him. It reminded me of the other day when he had a panic attack. Was this how he felt?

"No.."

"What happened?"

"Yoongi hyung and I got in a fight" I respond, my voice hoarse. 

"Over what?" He asks. I sit up and reveal the bruises on my torso. He touches them softly. His hand was cold. He then recoils, blushing and looking away. 

"Did he--"

"No. I got in a fight the other night. He thought Changbin did this. He started yelled and threw a chair--"

"Is that what this is?" He brushed my cheek, it stung suddenly. oops. I nodded. He pulled out a band aid, it was a goth hello kitty one. He put it on my cheek, then kissed it. 

"All better?" He tilts his head. 

I smiled at him. He's so sweet. My heart sped up when he looked at me. He seemed nervous though. 

"All better" I nodded. "Can I stay over?"

"You don't seem like you're leaving." 

"I'm not" 

"Ok then" He lays down next to me. 

"Taehyung-ssi" I say. 

"Yes kook-ah?" 

"Did Jiwoo do that to your cheek?"

He bites his lip, his eyes glancing to the stairs before he nodded. I start to stand, why does she think she can do this? "She--"

But he stops me, pulling me down and sitting on me. 

"No" He boops my nose. I looked at him and realized he was pretty much straddlign me. "Sorry" He gets up, sitting on his knees and stretches, his hoodie pulling up and his sleeves falling down, and I see his slim figure. I sit up and grabbed his wrist. He pulls away. 

"Tae, what is that?"

"What you think it is." 

Seriously? Why didn't you tell me? would've been my first reaction. but I realize those words are what Yoongi had said to me a thousand times. It seemed to only lead to fights. Instead, I say: 

"I'm sorry"

"You didn't do anything" He pulls his hood up and flops onto his pillows. 

"I'm still sorry, is there anything I can do?" 

"Stay?" He peeks out form his curl. I giggle, scooting closer. 

"Promise." I hold out my pinky. 

He links his pinky with mine, then flicks off his lantern. The cleaning light sup, looking like stars. But I still have another question to ask him. 

"Tae?"

"Hmm?"

"Why are you scared of the dark?" 

I looked over at him. He's looking up at the fairy lights, which reflect in his pretty dark eyes. He's biting his lip. He did that when he was nervous, didn't he?

"Because as a kid my Omma and Appa would lock me in the closet for days if I was bad. They'd bang against the doors to scare me, they'd yell mean things." 

I scoot closer to him. "Does Jiwoo do it?" 

"Yes." He glances at me. "It's not as bad."

"Not as bad? this abuse, Tae" I respond. 

"It's...complicated" He bites his lip. "What's something you haven't told anyone at school?"

"I live in an orphanage. It's not super far from here, actually" I answer. 

"Really?"

"Yup. Been there since I was ten" I shrug. 

"H-how--"

"Assassinated." I shrug. 

"What?"

"It's more common than you think. They only report on the big people or if it's mysterious. No one cares about an old couple" I scoff. 

"Do you know why?" He plays with my hand. He taps my knuckle three times. 

"Yup. didn't have money for rent." 

"Wow" He looks up at the celling. "we're a fuckedup pair, aren't we?"

"Yeah, I guess"