Chapter 5

Both our heads turned to look at the now confessing patient to the nurse. I then looked at Seojun who was still embracing me. I wondered what he was thinking of when he heard what the boy said.

Because I...

I was thinking of him.

"That's... sweet." I said, before we both pulled away from the hug softly and he spoke. "Love really is everywhere," He said while staring at me with a serious face. I smiled at him gently.

"Wanna go outside..?" He spoke after a moment of silence that was filled between us. I simply nodded as a response and we started walking through the hallway. I suggested that we used the elevator instead of the stairs and he agreed.

Once we were inside, it had gone quiet again. "You know.." I started, not really knowing what I wanted to say. But I let my mouth live on its own. "Chorong ships you and.. jukyung." He looked at me while I spoke.

I just looked ahead and didn't want to make eye contact with him. "What do you mean by that?" He said, his tone was clearly confused. "Well... nevermind." I shook off the thought from my head and continued to look away from him.

"You know, you should also listen to your mom atleast just once.. I know you care for her.." I said again, filling up the silence within us. He looked at me, still listening. "Maybe you could pause from using your bike? It won't hurt if you do.."

"Okay." I widened my eyes as I heard him, actually turning my head to look at him now. "Really? You would do that because I said so..?" He nodded. "I'm also tired of my mom's nagging. Plus you, my shortcake dumbass, are struggling whenever you ride it." He laughed.

He was right, everytime I rode his bike, I was wearing a skirt. Just like a while ago. Just then...

I held my head to keep it in place careful not to shake it too much because it was hurting a lot. I closed my eyes at the sharp pain that I was feeling. But I wasn't gonna tell Seojun that..

It wasn't long until he noticed and he shook my shoulders softly. "Hey, hey.. Does your head hurt?" He asked, sounding a little panicked. He faced me and his attention was fully on me now. I couldn't get myself to speak so I just nodded.

I flinched a little when he pulled me to lean my body on his. He caressed my hair while I let myself adjust in the position we were in. It was surprisingly... calming..

The Elevator opened revealing another passenger. It was an old woman on a wheelchair. I frowned at the thought that she was just alone, despite my head ache. Seojun told me to lean against the elevator wall first and I did.

He immediately made his way to the woman and helped her get in the elevator, I slowly walked towards the buttons and pressed on the open as they both went in. The old lady smiled at both of us as Seojun let go of her wheelchair and went back to holding me.

He was a gentleman... a real one.

She gave us a warm thank you which quickly warmed my heart and caused my head to feel a lot better. We both smiled back and I bowed gently. Once the elevator opened which was the floor of the lady, she spoke before moving.

"You're a very nice couple. Thank you again." Without waiting for a reply, she went outside and I bowed again. I looked at Seojun who was looking serious at my side. He looked at me too and raised his brows. "Are you okay now?" I nodded at his question and looked back in front.

The door opened again finally in the ground floor. We walked towards the front door and headed to the hospital garden. "A couple, she said. We're a couple shortie?" Seojun spoke which made me... well.. I don't know?

My stomach had this weird reaction to what he said and my cheeks flushed a slight warm red tone. "I guess so, lovie." I managed to joke despite being flustered at his words. He gave me a smirk and that smug look was back on his face.

Everything flashed back to me... Should I really give myself another chance to love? Do I really deserve it? But I can't give up the friendship we have... just because of my feelings. Stupid feelings.

Why should it get in the way? How do I stop this...

"Do you like... maybe want to go on a walk, not here in the hospital? Let's get dessert?" I said, lowkey hoping that he would agree. "Yeah, sure. I'll take you home, without motor." He chuckled on the last two words. Well thank God he listened, at least right now.

We both walked past through the hospital gate and we were now walking down the streets, to go to my house. I turned to look him but he wasn't at my side. Instead... I saw him on my left, where the road is much more close.

(side walk rule asjkalsbosba)

I smiled while looking forward, looking like an idiot. We stayed quiet while walking. I was the one leading the way since he didn't know where my house was. But it surely was near the place I first saw him.

"What have I missed out all these years?" He started, looking at me and then looking back forward. We crossed the road first before I decided to speak up. He held my wrist while we crossed the road which made my mind fly before thinking about an answer to his question.

Then...

Perfect!

"I liked this one guy not long ago.. Well, I thought he liked me too, but he led me on for a long time before breaking my heart. I was absolutely crushed back then, my grades dropped and everything. haha". I laughed sarcastically, still thinking about my past.

My life crashed down when my heart broke.. One of the many reasons why we moved to Seoul again.

It was a bad decision... well not falling inlove. But being obssessed about the fact that I thought he loves me back. Falling for him actually gave me motivation from the start. But he gave me mixed signals instead of just telling the truth from the start. It was the worst feeling of all..

"Lee Aecha!" Seojun yelled as he forcefully pulled my wrist making us both fall back and him hitting his back on the ground. I was nearly hit by a car and all I was thinking of was that stupid man. I don't even know if he deserves to be called a man.

Not noticing the situation we were in, I snapped back to reality and found my lips pressed onto his again. AGAIN?! This time, I was on top of him literally in public! It was a few seconds later when we pulled away and stood up, looking around if there were people who saw the scene.

What the fuck is up with me and accidentally kissing Seojun?! Is the force of the grounds or mother earth wanting for us to kiss? What the hell?

If this happened for a third time... I swear..

"So you like kissing me," He said while brushing off his coat. I furrowed my brows at him. "Excuse you, I have taste in men." Yeah, that's why I kinda like you.

He scoffed at my reply and I told him that we should continue walking. Like nothing ever happened..

We reached our house and he gave me a hug before I waved him off. "Bye Shortcake dummy!"

"Bye lovie,"

---------------------------------------

AN:

Helloo please consider voting~ Thank you for reading ilysm!

xoxo,
leigh