Chapter 4

"Lee-ae," Lim-ju cried as we met in the classroom. I immediately hugged her and caressed her hair gently. "I'm gonna protect you, don't worry about Sooho." I glared at Sooho who was so calmly sitting on his seat. I decided to let go of the hug and walked over to Sooho.

Lim-ju's eyes widened as she saw me walk towards the said guy. "Let's talk," I shortly said to him, pulling his wrist for him to stand up. He narrowed his brows but stood up without thinking.

I pulled him outside of the classroom and into an empty corner. His back was leaning onto the wall and was waiting for me to speak up. "I know that you're keeping our relationship a secret, but.."

I started, making sure that he would listen to what I was saying. He raised a brow at my words and continued to listen. "As your cousin, and as a girl who also has feelings, I know that you know Lim-ju's secret." I paused for a moment.

"And if I had a secret like that of my own, I would appreciate it if you would keep that secret, please?" I practically was begging. "And what's in it for me?" He said. Unbelievable guy..

"I won't tell anyone about your identity." I said to him, he still had a calm look on his face. He sighed before nodding and I hugged him involuntarily. "Oops, sorry" I held out a peace sign before walking back inside the classroom.

Sooho and I were cousins, yes, but not close ones. We were distant cousins and we barely even talk to each other. I granted his wish that he didn't want anyone to know who his dad was, or who he was. It was because of what had happened to his mom.

I sat down beside Seojun and he looked me up and down before looking at Sooho who was walking towards the door frame. I winked at Lim-ju and she gave me a sweet smile, before I returned my attention to the guy beside me.

"What?" I asked him. "Nothing, are you and Sooho close?" I tilt my head, pretending that we don't have any close relation with each other. I shook my head as a 'no' and he reverted his attention forward. It was obvious he was thinking about something.

But I didn't know what it was...

He was very hard to read..

History class went on and Seojun was looking forward with his chin resting on his palm, but he was clearly not listening. I poked his cheek which made him look at me with a raised brow. "listen,"

I whispered and listened to the teacher again, but Lim-ju suddenly interrupted and said she needed to go to the bathroom. I furrowed my brows because she was not the type to do anything like that...

Then I saw Sooho.

I knew it, that dumbass...

Later, she went back running towards Sooho's desk, placing a Red Ginseng. I mentally hit my forehead with my palm and didn't want to intrude anymore.

I went with Seojun and his gang while they were playing around with a mirror. Of course, just Han Seojun being Han Seojun...

Suddenly, he bumped into Lim-ju who was carrying tons of papers. He asked about his helmet and pinned her down. Is the pinning really necessary?

Does he always do that or is that a hobby he does to girls? I grabbed his collar from the back and pulled him backwards. Then, Lim-ju ran off to where she was headed. "Aw, is shortcake getting jealous, lovie?"

Chorong snickered, a kissing look on his face while annoying the two of us. My grip on his collar loosened. The vice principal entered the scene and I bowed at him while he smiled at me and frowned at the boys. I pressed my lips before the VP said something.

"It's finally over.." He said to me while we were walking towards the outside school. "I know right," I said to him. We were gonna visit his mom again as I promised to eat dinner with them tonight. "Han Seojun,"

I blurted out as he was riding the bike. He turned to look at me, waiting for what I was gonna say. "Tell me the truth, do you like Lim Jukyung?"

"No, no I don't." My mind was relieved but why did my heart ached a little? Why was I affected if he liked her or not? I don't even like Seojun that way... do I? I can't... I don't want my past to happen again...

Flashback

"Happy Birthday, Ae!"

Celebrating my birthday with the man I love.. is the best thing one could ever experience. I never thought I would love someone as much as I love my family.

I might have not yet confessed, but I do think he also feels the same about me...

Or does he?

I fell on my knees as I walked into his room. I was supposed to surprise him after a long time of not meeting each other, but I was surprised instead..

"Why? Why can't you wait for me?" I sobbed.

"You expect me to wait for you? You really expected that? You're such an idiot Aecha. Idiot!"

"What? You expect me to be happy when I saw you in that room kissing that woman? Wasn't she the one who broke your heart? Wasn't I the one there for you..?" I broke down, I couldn't keep my tears in anymore.

"Hey, you okay?" Seojun said, shaking my shoulder a little. "Huh? Oh, yeah... I guess," I said as I hopped on the bike as well. He looked over to me one more time and then started the bike.

I held his waist again and thought of my past again.. Soon, we were in the hospital and the food was hot in my hand. I greeted his mom before opening all the amazing food.

"Thank you, Ae, for the food." His mom said before we start eating. I admired how Seojun took care of his mom. I laugh once in a while when his mom complains how she is old enough to eat with her own.

"Seojun, why don't you get a girlfriend? Ae, as a suggestion." I almost choked on my food, coughing and drinking water as I smiled awkwardly at her. "I mean, so you can focus on something else!"

"Aunt, he is very focused with his motorcycle-" I was cut off with a frown from his mom and a glare from Seojun. Oh no...

"Seojun, didn't I tell you to stop riding that thing? It's so dangerous for you!" She argued. "Yeah, okay." Seojun's smile faintly appeared and that's when I realized I had done something wrong.

As I closed the door of the room, Seojun spoke up. "Ae," I turned to look at him with a sorry look on my face. "Sorry.." I looked down, feeling bad that I'd exposed him to his mom.

"What? I was gonna ask why you became so silent suddenly.." He said, I looked up from looking at my shoes. "Oh.. I just- thought you're mad... plus.. I was thinking about something. Don't worry."

I flinched a little at the sudden action he did.

He hugged me, letting my head rest on his chest. I widened my eyes a little bit but hugged him back. Should I give in to my feelings?

Should I forget about my past and... start again?

"I think I'm starting to like you..."

---

xoxo,
leigh