15

"We don't even know if he's going to be there." Steve agrued getting his uniform on.

"All the more reason for me to go."

"But if he's there–"

"–Even more of a reason for me to go. He's going to be there. He is."

"Wanda might be there."

"None of this is convincing me that I should stay behind. I can take Wanda."

"Maria might need help."

"Maria is more than capable of running this by herself." I snorted crossing my arms.

"Do you not remember last nights conversation?"

"I remember we both agreed that I could handle myself."

"But you don't have to, we have it under control. I doubt anything will really happen."

"So is that why even Bruce is going?" I challenged looking Steve in the eyes. He sighed looking down at his helmet in his hands. I made him look back up at me. "This is the last one I'm staying behind for. I don't like it, and I don't want to, but I'm compromising."

"Okay, deal." He breathed out relieved.

"Come on, you have to go." I told him walking away. We marched off towards the quinjet. Steve was being too calm for this mission. I had an aching feeling something big would happen. I just knew Wanda was going to be there, and that meant trouble.

"Good luck, be safe." I remind him my arms still crossed.

"I always am." He answered in a calming voice. He put a hand on my arm. I rolled my eyes and uncrossed them.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Please be smart out there." I begged him. I gave him a kiss and sent him on his way.

After hours of sitting around with Maria we got the news that they landed. Not even twenty minutes later Maria gave me a very consequential update.

"Hulk's trending right now." Maria informed me, a minutes after they had landed. I quickly rushed out of my seat to look at her computer screen. Clips of the Hulk, and Tony's hulk-buster suit were shown. People were tweeting about it, news outlets were warning people about the fight. It was chaotic. Maria watched some of the clips, her mouth hung open a little. "My god,"

"Get me their quinjet." I ordered her. She quickly did what I asked.

"No one's answering," she said looking at me. "What do you think is happening?"

"She got to them. Wanda. The location, was on a boat. They wouldn't bring in the Hulk for that. Wanda dragged it out of him."

"Wait how can you be sure the Maximoff Twins are even there?"

"Ultron has to be, why else haven't they replied?"

"Okay, let's clean this mess up. Send in any re-enforcements we can. Notify the army, the pentagon. There's a potential Bruce will be charged after this." I told Maria, pacing back and forth. We worked like an oiled machine. She called who she could, and she got what we needed, and if she needed back up she'd hand the phone to me.

"I've tried their quinjet again. Clint's answering." Maria reported. I leaned over and spoke into the microphone.

"What's going on?" I asked Clint.

"The Maximoff's were there." Clint answered with a sigh. "She pulled us apart. It's not looking too good. Tony and Bruce are somewhere else. What do you want us to do about the Hulk? We aren't in any fighting position. We're just–wiped."