Author's Note

My darling,

When I first started writing, I didn't know to whom I was writing to. I just had to write. I had to write something for Bucky and Steve. They had to live longer than did, and on paper they could live forever. I didn't know what truths I would tell, and I didn't know whose story to tell. When your father, first left me, I thought it should be about him. His story and his adventures. I eventually stopped writing, until he came back. I don't know why I didn't continue on with only his story. I instead decided to write ours. I guess unconsciously this story has always been ours. I rewrote the beginning, telling the events as I saw them, not as history had seen them.

I don't know why I started writing, and more importantly why I couldn't stop for years. I had long realized what I had written could never formally be publish so why keep writing? I just felt compelled to do one thing. To tell the truth. The media, and the world will drag our names through the mud. Look at your Uncle: he's lived a hard life, and the world spits on his name without knowing half his story. Some people will support us and some won't. It's how the world works. They'll think they know us, but they won't. But I wanted you to know us. I wanted you and James to know your parents. I wanted you guys to know how your parents fell in love, and how much we love each other. I wanted you guys to know about our long lives and I wanted something you guys could remember us by. The world is full on consequences and undoubtedly you'll have to deal with some because of us, and you deserve to know why. 

This is the last of the story. I stopped writing, because the rest of the story you know. I know you were only three when the civil war broke out, but you have lived through it's consequences your whole life. You can remember Wakanda, and certainly you can remember it's legacy by your brother. I stopped writing because you didn't need me to anymore.

I hope what you have read has answered questions. I'm sure you have more that you want answered but if I haven't answered them now, I probably won't ever. But ask them anyway. Mia I don't know when you're going to be reading this. I've lived and I've died, and when you're reading this I don't know which circumstance I'm in. But it doesn't matter, I've let it all go. I told you at the beginning that somehow this story will lead and curve it's way to you. And it did, somehow it did. You and your bother James were my greatest adventure. I've loved every second of watching you two grow up, and I know for certain your father has too. We found a home in each other and found joyfulness in you two. Wherever we are, and I'm sure we're together, I hope you know how much you are loved.

It's your turn to write your own story, as cliché as it sounds. I've lived a long life, with all it's ups and downs and I can't regret any of it. Everything seems to happen for a reason, and every road will lead you to the same destination. Remember I'll always be with you, which ever road you choose.

Always,
Your mom

Mia closed the old leather bound journal. She wished that she had found the old journals sooner, or that her Mom had told her about them. She could picture her Mom's beautiful youthful smile, and her Dad's lazy smile with his arm around her. She could hear the two of them laughing, and smell the soft sent of her Mom's favorite shampoo. She wished the world hadn't been so cruel, and had separated her from them. They were gone now, and now it seemed like these journals were the only thing she had left of them. But after an infinity of wars they could finally go home, and never be separated again.

Mia opened the first journal again, to read her Mother's clean handwriting, just to learn once again how Anna Smith had saved the world and had fallen in love with her Steve Rogers.