3

Amir Deshawn Johnson               17 years old, Junior

17 years old, Junior.

Excuse any typos!

    Today was Wednesday, and on Wednesdays Amir loved to have self care days. Reflections on how the week had been so far, answers to how the week can be better moving forward.

He had been thinking about his bestfriend for the last couple of weeks now. It had been about a week and a half since the incident in the car with the smoking group, and he had decided to have a little space from Ariel and Zyana, he didn't like the energy.

Kiara, however, had become quit acquainted with Zyana who was more chill than Ariel. Amir had no problem with it. He was in the middle of soaking in a bath when he heard his ringtone go off and interrupt his Jhené Aiko.

"And this better be best the way I was just jammin." He complained.

Hearing the phone beep, he saw the FaceTime connect and his bestfriend's red eyes. She was either high as hell, or sad as fuck.

"Okay so this can mean two things," he began. Sitting up and waving his legs in the water, he played with the bubbles he had made, waiting for his friend to gather herself up in order to speak.

She shifted a little, sniffing and grabbing her bag of chips before replying, "A bitch is saaaad, best." She dragged. "I mean, who would've thought it could've went in that direction?" She asked.

Now knowing her ex-boyfriend could've possibly been cheating longer than he admitted, she definitely wanted no parts with him. That hurt that her first everything would also be the first heartbreak, and she wanted nothing more than to just go back to their old ways.. even if it meant being hurt again this way.

"I know how you feel, babe. You know I do. Do you want to come over? You can drive here or I can send you an Uber." Amir asked. Nodding her head, his bestfriend replied.

"Yeah, an Uber is fine. Let me run up to the store real fast and I can bring me some snacks and some clothes." Kiara said, getting up from her messy bed.

"You know you got like a bin of clothes over here already right??" Amir asked, giving a shocked expression because she literally had almost her own closet of clothes in his house.

Snapping her fingers, she nodded her head and grabbed her keys, slipping on some fluffy slippers before making her way out of her bedroom door, carrying the FaceTime call all the way to her local corner store.

Kiara, down as ever, grabbed almost any type of snack she could think of. Chips, fruity candy, chocolate, juice, beef sticks, and she was reaching for some ramen noodles to stuff in her mini cart when she heard a voice call out to her.