Chapter 8

Hi! So this is kind of a filler chapter, but I think it was necessary at the same time so that you can get a feel for Elise's character a little better. Hope you enjoy, and check out the new cover! As always, VOTE , COMMENT, AND FAN!

Chapter 8

Elise’s POV

                As the tears ran down my face, I punched the pillow that I had turned to sob into. Goddammit! I cursed silently. Why did he have such an effect on me? Would the effect interfere with my ability to get what I wanted out of this little contract? I sighed because if I was being entirely honest with myself, yes, it would. With great resignation, I hefted myself off the top-of-the-line mattress and walked over to the mirror hanging on the wall above the dresser across the room.

                Looking at my reflection, I almost punched the mirror. I hated crying so much. Tear tracks stained my cheeks and the ridges of my nose, my eyes were bloodshot, cheeks stained rosy, and my nose ran like a faucet. Not to mention my hair! Holy shit! My eyes widened as I took in the state of distress my hair was in. I decided that a shower would be in my best interest, so I grabbed my toiletries out of the top drawer and walked into the bathroom, my fluffy cloud of a towel draped over my forearm.

                I fiddled with the faucet for a few minutes before I got the pelting shots of water to the perfect temperature and then hopped in after stripping, reveling in the relaxation the water instilled. I hadn’t realized how truly stressed I had been recently, what with work, my heart, and Parker. I felt the muscles in my shoulders slowly droop as the water pelted my skin, the heat seeping into my every pore and seemingly cleansing me from the inside out. After about ten minutes, I began to indulge myself in a little bit of guilty pleasure.

                See, when Parker and I had been together, he had insisted that I sing with him on occasion, and being the starry eyed little girl I had been, I had agreed at some point. I discovered that I liked my singing voice, even if Parker said that maybe I shouldn’t do it anymore with a laugh. I felt my cheeks burn at the memory of his cruel words, and how they had shot my already low self-esteem into a dark pit. Nonetheless, I still loved to sing in the privacy of my shower, the one place where I was truly ever alone, and this shower was on the other side of the house from where Parker spent most of his time. Perfect.

Well I've heard there was a sacred chord

David played and it pleased the Lord

But you don't really care for music, do ya ?

Well it goes like this:

The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift

The baffled king composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Well your faith was strong but you needed proof

You saw her bathing on the roof

Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you

She tied you to her kitchen chair

She broke your throne, she cut your hair

And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Oh baby I have been here before

I've seen this room and I've walked this floor

You know I used to live alone before I knew you