Chapter 9

Hello there strangers! Sorry I haven't uploaded in forever, I've been dealing with some family issues and I haven't really been happy enough to write in a few weeks. But, I got quite the response for the last chapter! I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw that people liked my story! So, as a "reward" if you will, I decided to get past my own issues and hunker down and write chapter 9. It may seem like filler in the beginning, but when you get to the flashback, it's super important to your understanding of the story, especially if you're a little confused on Elise and Parker's history. 

I promise, my A/N is almost done, but as you might see on the side, I kind of suck at cover-making, so if someone would like to make me a cover, I would be super grateful. Anyways, you know the drill, VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!

ENJOY!

OH AND PS. THERE'S A SMALL BIT OF SEXUAL CONTENT IN BETWEEN THE STARRED AREAS, BUT IF YOU'RE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THAT, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ BETWEEN THOSE STARS. EVERYTHING ELSE IS CLEAN!

Chapter 9

Elise’s POV

                “Elise!” Parker’s voice boomed up the stairwell. I rolled my eyes with a huff, and rolled off the bed I had been comfortably perched on, tossing my book on the pillow as I did so.

                “Yes, Master?” I called back wryly.

                “Get your butt down here, smartass. I have to talk to you,” he replied, a trace of humor in his tone.

                “Coming!” I said as I slid down the polished wooden banister into the front foyer. I stuck the landing at the base of the stairs, right in front of Parker and grinned when I realized I had almost kicked him coming down.

                “Child,” he muttered under his breath.

                “What was that?” I jokingly, cupping my hand around my ear as if I couldn’t hear him.

                “Nothing,” he quickly responded and shut up.

                “Uh-huh,” I chuckled. “Anyways, what’s up?”

                “Well, there’s this premiere red carpet event charity thing tomorrow night, and I figure based on your attire lately, you don’t really have anything appropriate for the event. So, I took the liberty of calling Jesse’s sister, Kirsten, to come and help you shop for whatever you might need. She should be here in about an hour, so you better start getting ready now,” he said pointedly staring at my baggy grey sweatpants and oversized men’s tee shirt that I had stolen from him when I had been doing the laundry a few weeks ago.

                “One hour?!” I exclaimed. “Parker, you have to give a girl more time than that!”

                “Better get going then, huh?” he smirked. I growled, but realized I didn’t have the time to have this particular battle with him. With one last glare over my shoulder, I sprinted back up the stairs to get ready. As soon as I entered my room, I raced to my closet and rifled through the clothes there. Unfortunately, all I really had were business suits and such since I spent most of my time in the office. Continuing to paw through my tailored outfits, I finally came across an outfit that would do. Thanking God I had taken a shower last night so I didn’t have to deal with my hair too much, I slipped myself into the black, high-waisted pencil skirt and red ruffled blouse. As I tucked the shirt into the waistband of the skirt, I used my feet to pull my black Mary Jane style heels and pulled them on. Running a brush through my hair and deciding to just pull it into a chic ponytail and then dabbing some quick makeup on, I deemed myself ready to go. Glancing at the clock, I was proud to admit that I still had ten minutes on my timer.