Book 2 Chapter 9: The First Arrest

Audrey slowly sipped on her tea watching the encounter between Mako and President Raiko.

"Is that so?" Raiko asked, turning his heel.

"Yes Sir." Mako responded looking at the floor with sadness.

"Thank you Mako. You're a great citizen."

The President left soon afterwards, accompanied by two men in suits.

Audrey placed her tea down on a coaster and turned to Mako who's face had gone pale from guilt. She decided not to ask about the matter and carry on with her work.

If Audrey learnt anything, it's that the office life was very repetitive- not that she didn't enjoy it- but if anyone asked her for any exciting details of her job, it would be very difficult to entertain them.

Audrey stood up some time later, and walked to Lila with a few files and dropped them off at her desk.
After deciding where to meet for lunch, Audrey returned to her desk to deal with even more files.

That evening, Audrey walked down the streets with a satchel draped across her chest. Inside were a few files, her money and a few other objects. Her mind was buzzing, thinking about ways to improve her bending. She couldnt help but think of what Aman said a year ago... "everyone thinks you're a master." She remembered the genuine fear she felt, " but you can't even bloodbend." It was true, Audrey hadn't bloodbended. But Katara still said she was a Master. When faced with Aman she was useless, another powerful bender that she couldn't even touch. How could she be a master if she couldn't defeat all her opponents?

Audrey's mind swirled with information. Every thought conflicting all that she knew to be right. Of course bloodbending was bad- it was illegal- and she was in the Police force! How could she want to do something like that-

"Oi!"

Audrey turned around, startled with fear. Behind her stood a woman, who wore a large, grey homburg hat and a long trench coat, Audrey could see the gold in her rings and teeth.

"I'm gonna ask ya once!" She stated threatiningly.

"Hand me the bag." She held out her hand, wiggling her fingers.

"You know that wasn't a question." Audrey smirked in response.

"I said I'm only asking once-"

"But you didn't ask." Audrey shrugged carrying on with her walk, but in the opposite direction, careful to not lead the woman to her apartment.

"How dare you!" The woman began running towards her, suddenly another three men joined in too.

Audrey, who expected the woman to chase her, began running.
The men were faster and soon caught up to her, pinning her onto the floor.

Before Audrey knew it, she realised she was heavily outnumbered.

The woman crouched over her, the gold in her teeth glimmering as she enjoyed her victory. She slowly pried the bag of Audrey's shoulder and began removing other objects, such as her earrings and her earthbending sleeves.

The ink-haired girl could only throw her head back in anger, and fume at her stupidity. She suddenly noticed the moon.

It was full.

She flexed her fingers, which were tied behind her and suddenly all three men were rigid.
She felt the hold on her release as all men silently shook in pain.

The woman, who took no notice of the state of her partners carried on removing any valuables found on her captive. Suddenly, all of the men collapsed leaving Audrey sitting up with a calm expression on her face.