60 - Snow White

Rory sat on a plane heading south to Virginia. She was excited to see her two friends, but also apprehensive about Grace's big wedding. The list of events was ridiculous, especially since there was no bachelorette party. Grace's mother thought they were tacky. Rory was meeting her friends to go out and reminisce before driving south to the town Chantal claimed Grace's father owned.

Rory planned to stay one night at Lana's and two in a hotel near the wedding. Sam couldn't miss a Saturday game, but promised to make it in time to dance with her. She had been spending weekends alone while Sam flew around the country.

When she stepped outside, she smiled at the mild temperature. At home the trees were full of color and the air was brisk, but the cottage was cozy. The work Alex did was only the first step, eventually they wanted to add an upstairs. Eventually meant, when they needed the space for a family.

"Rory!" She looked and saw Chantal waving from the passenger seat. "Jump in."

As soon as she was in the backseat, Grace turned from the driver's seat and smiled at her. "Our Rory looks good."

"Mmm mm."

She laughed. "I'm right here, and I'm happy. Things are great. Works great."

"And Sam?" Grace asked.

"Is great. We've moved into our cottage."

Grace sighed. "Sounds like a fairy tale.

Rory didn't know if the term fairy tale was accurate, because they worked hard to end up together. It was a dream come true.

She rubbed her hands together. "So what are our plans?"

Chantal said, "Drinks."

Grace said, "I think we should stroll across campus and sit under our tree."

Chantal said, "Only because this is your weekend. At least, we don't have notes to discuss."

Grace took a job as a school counselor, and Chantal was working with adults. Rory had start her work with Deb just like she planned. Although having summers off could have been enticing, she didn't want to be like Megan. Buying the cottage was like her former teacher, but as Megan explained, having Alex remodel and winterize it was not. Megan assured her, as long as she and Sam never shut each other out they would overcome the odds. Rory trusted their future because they already had their breakup and reconciliation.

Campus looked the same as they settled on the grass under their favorite tree. Rory turned to Grace. "Are you excited or nervous?"

"Maybe I'm a little nervous. A lot of eyes will be on me. What if I trip?"

Rory said, "Your father will hold you up."

Rory imagined walking with Jack towards Sam. She wanted to get married at the Inn just like her dad had.

Grace smiled. "You'll be next, Rory."

She shook her head. "We aren't in a hurry. We're settling in together."

"Grace let our Rory be happy before she turns into a crazy bride."

"Nope. I want it simple and small. No craziness."

"My wedding isn't crazy." Grace pouted.

Both Rory and Chantal laughed. Chantal's face straightened first. "Rory, there's your old boyfriend."

Rory looked up and caught Dan's eye. He walked over. "I thought it was a mirage, the three of you under this tree." He looked at Rory. "You're back?"

She smiled. "For the weekend. Grace is getting married."