Chapter 3

All rights go to Susan Collins

I wake up bright and early and go for my normal morning jog. As I make it back to the house I get ready for the reaping. I take a shower and then put on my shiny emerald green dress. I pull my hair up into a low ponytail so it looks nice with the dress and not crazy. I put on some green eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner. I put on my low heeled black boots and head for the door. I walk to the district square and see Cato.

He walks up to me and says something I do not expect at all

"Hey Clove- I just wanted to say I'm sorry for yesterday. I'm not used to people talking to me that way. Most girls just fawn over me giggling at everything I say."

I look at him shocked. Cato Hadley the district's player. Just apologized to me!

Cato sees the look on my face and laughs

"I'm not completely heartless you know! Look, do you want to try to be friends?" Cato asks

I know my parents said to stay away from Cato but I have never had a real friend before. It's always just been me.

"Maybe" I say and then I'm off to get my finger pricked.

The reaping is a blur. Two tributes are chosen. The male is named Wade and I bet he is going to be our Victor (fun fact I actually looked this up and this is true) the girl on the other hand looks like one of Cato's old girlfriends. Her name is Jessica and I bet she will die in the bloodbath.

I walk home and I see my brother and his girlfriend Charlotte. I come over so see Charlotte crying. But at the same time she is smiling? Or laughing? I come over to see what is going on when I see a big Diamond ring on her finger.

"Hey sis!" Griffin says

"Hey! Congratulations by the way!" I say

They look confused until I explain

"The ring on your finger. It's huge and I could see it over there. I happy for you guys. Welcome to the family"

Griffin looks revealed for a reason I don't know.

"Well I think you should start training. I'll meet you at the academy after you change." He nods to my outfit which I completely forgot that I was still in my reaping attire.

"Alright!" I say "Meet you there!" I turn and walk away as Griffin turns his attention to Charlotte again.

1 hour later

Smack!

The knife hits the bullseye again for about the hundredth time.

"Good job Clove. Your accuracy is amazing but I think we need to work on your reaction time a bit. Go get a drink of water and come back." Griffin tells me

I'm covered in sweat and I wipe some off my forehead as I go get my water. We do this for hours until we call it a day and we walk back home. When we get to Victor village we part ways. I go to my room and shower again after my workout and read. I read for hours only getting up to go to the bathroom and for dinner.

This was a short chapter hope you enjoyed!