Chapter 8

All rights go to Susan Collins

I storm and to my room and slam the door

I scream and I throw a lamp on the floor

How could he not remember! After everything he has done!

A tear rolls down my face as the memory starts to take over

It's been two months since I have found out about Adeline and I'm dying to find out more. Cato has been a big help trying to do all he can to help. I've started writing down my thoughts and everything I knew about her. I also wrote about what I thought of her and how I wish she was here.

One day I decided to bring it to school to go do some research.

"Hey Cato" I say when I see him walk through the door.

"Hey Clover" he says back with a forced smile

"It's Clove!" I say and roll my eyes, but at the same time I'm smiling. It's kind of a joke now

This gets a little smile out of him.

"Are you ok?" I ask. "You look a little down."

"Ya it's just- this is the anniversary for my brothers birthday after his death and it's just really hard"

"Oh." I don't really know what to say. I'm not very good when it comes to like emotions

"Ya well I got to go to class." And then he walks away

I head to my locker and see Jacob- Cato's best friend- by my locker.

"What are you doing here?" I ask coldly

He looks up and sees me there glaring at him

"Trying to open my locker" Jacob says unconvincingly.

"Ya right your locker is next to Cato's. Leave now or risk a knife being at your throat." I say

He walks away quickly.

I open my locker and put my journal in there and close it heading to class.

I almost drift to sleep. These classes are so easy and so boring . After what feels like forever lunch comes around and I go to my locker to get my lunch.

I pass Jacob on the way and he looks like he is smuggling something

I find Cato at lunch talking to Jacob. Jacob is grinning evilly at Cato and I'm wondering what that is about.

I signal Cato over and he walks over only stopping two tables before mine. He gets up on the table with a journal looking book.

I realize seconds too late that it is mine.

He opens the book and starts reading everything. And I mean EVERYTHING

My parents are going to kill me now that everyone knows about my dead sister. They were supposed to have all victors.

Everyone is laughing and pointing at me.

I don't show any emotion as I get up and walk away. But before I leave I throw a knife at Cato that cuts his cheek.

Everyone goes silent and once I'm out of view from everyone I run as fast as I can away from the school tears streaming down my face

How could he! I trusted him with everything and he just does that to me!

How did he even get into my locker!

Then I connect the dots

Jacob by my locker, Cato not looking at me the whole day or even talking to me. It all makes sense.

I will never let anyone close to me ever again.

I don't come to school for a week. I train hours on end to keep me busy never letting something like that happen again.

I look at my room. It is a mess. Pillows are ripped, chairs tipped over, broken glass all over the floor. I wipe away my tears and blood.

An Avox comes into my room and ushers me out of the way so she can go clean up the mess I've made.

I can only form one thought in my mind.

Cato will die. And he will die on my terms.