Chapter 6

So this chapter has a big gap so don't mind!

All rights go to Susan Collins

One Year Later

I wake up to the fields of district 2. As I look outside the window I see that the sun has not yet risen. I get out of bed and throw on a red tank top and running pants. I head outside and go or a run around the block to clear my head.

Today is the reaping and unfortunately I don't have time to go to the training center. As I am on my run I pass by Cato Hadley's house. It has been a year since the incident and I still get weird looks around the halls and I still hate Cato.

He is going to volunteer today as he made the announcement in front of the whole school. My only thought was I hope someone who has the power to kill him also goes into the games. But then of course I am the best female in the whole academy out of all the age groups. So he is almost most definitely coming back where he gets to live unlike my sister who his own brother killed.

I finish my jog and head home to go shower. I put on my reaping clothes which is a pale blue flowy dress and a thin black belt. I make my hair wavy and put on some make up. I pull on some black flats and head out the door.

While at the reaping Cato spots me and tries to come over. But I walk in swivels to make him lose track of me. They prick my finger and I don't even flinch. I head over to the other 16 year olds and wait for the reaping to start.

Finally our escort Citrus comes up is a bright orange dress and matching wig.

"Welcome! Welcome! To this years annual Hunger Games!! Before we began I would like to present you with this video from the Capital!" She says in her thick Capital accent.

I roll my eyes.

It's the same video every year! You know the Capital has all these bright colors and stuff and seems full of ideas that have to deal with appearances, but they have like no creativity.

After the video is done Citrus continues on.

"Well wasn't that just amazing!" Citrus chimes

"Well on to the moment you have all been waiting for! As usual ladies first!"

She walks over the bowl and picks out a name and reads in loud and clear. But even though it is loud and clear I think she mispronounced it.

Because she said Clove Kentwell

Another Little Cliff hanger! Sorry this chapter is also kind of short. Chapter 7 should be up soon!