No Greg-bots Allowed

"Now that I am out of my green room, I can hide you from officer Vanessa in my chest cavity and bring you to the exit of the Pizzaplex." 

The panels over his chest flipped open. Reluctantly, the pair stepped into the container. There was no reason 'Vanessa' would look for them there, but the risk of being turned into a meat pretzel wasn't great. Dark gray stairs brought them to an underground section of the building. The black was comforting, nobody could see them now, especially inside the mechanical bear. 

It was nice to be walking through something so familiar compared to the rest of the Pizzaplex, until a figure scuttling across the walls startled the two. Freddy's chest was hardly meant to carry a person, let alone two; Mono lost his footing and scraped his left arm against one of the screws in the animatronic's skeleton. A sharp sting ran up his forearm, his hand shook and a gross, sticky wetness started expanding across his arm. 

Six turned away from him. 

"Do not worry, superstars, it was just an endoskeleton. It seems some pipes are close enough to the wall for it to magnetize to it." 

Endoskeleton? Magnetize? 

"Hello? Little boy? Little girl? Are either of you down here?" The woman's voice carried through the halls below. 

"We told you she's after us!" Six spoke, though her voice was growing raspy and froggy. 

"Do not worry, she will not expect us to be travelling together, you are safe with me. That being said, it is best if we are not spotted. If I am sent back to my room, then we will never get to the lobby before the doors lock." 

Mono's arm twitched as he painfully braced himself against a metal rod. 

"Is something wrong? I feel you are broken." Freddy asked. 

"I'm fine, just hit my arm." Mono assured him. 

"No, I am taking you to the first aid station." The machine shook as it turned off the path. 

"No! I'm fine! We have to get out of here before she catches us!" Mono insisted, his voice getting coarse as well. 

"There is one on the way to the exit, it will only take a moment." 

Looks like we're finding out what 'first aid' is.

When they were forced out of the container, they were presented with a messy room with walls and floors made entirely of concrete. It was covered in stray papers, boxes, and equipment. Against one wall was a white box covered by a red curtain, above it hung a white square with a red cross centered by Freddy's face. 

Heavy footsteps echoed down the hall. Mono and Six quickly squeezed into the stand, pushing aside boxes and bottles they barely recognized. 

"Freddy? You're supposed to be on lockdown." Vanessa rubbed her baggy eyes as she addressed the bear. 

"Officer Vanessa! I do not know how I got here." Freddy's voice got high. 

She wasn't convinced at all, the kids could tell through the gap in the curtain, but she seemed too tired or in a hurry to concern herself with him. More footsteps shook the ground, somehow heavier than that of the Nightguard. The wolf, bird, and lizard rounded the corner. 

"Hey dude! Ya really blew it tonight!" The green lizard yelled, right next to Vanessa's ear. 

"Yeah, your system crashed out of nowhere, are you okay?" The chicken asked while Vanessa covered her ears. 

"I am all better now, the reset cycle ended earlier than expected." Freddy waved to his friends. 

"Parts and service has you on reduced power, I think they said something about a Safe Mode?" Vanessa rubbed the side of her head and stepped away from the green machine.