182

Black blood dripped from her knife. The Blob's head having been forcefully ripped from her weapon by Mono's swing like a bat. Dark vapors seeped into her body, settling into her gullet and flowing into her cut. The blinding light that seared her shining eyes left her seeing double, it was hard to get a good read on where the monster's metal skull was swaying and stuttering so she took the safe option; defense. A ball of wind wound up around her and traced the tips of her toes, tight to her body. She couldn't see through it, even if her eyes didn't need a moment, but she could hear the sloshing of its abhorrent body and the crushing stomps of the animatronic bear. She could feel the stabbing and prodding of the monster, trying to break her protective bubble, but the steady presence of Mono to her right gave her something to focus on. As long as he was still moving, thudding against the mesh floor and hissing like a broken TV, than she just needed to hold the line until her eyes recovered. She held to the faded, burnt memory of the strange man in the fox mask, his skin rotting and metal parts wrapping around his body yet finding everything fine; she focused on his calmness, concentrating on his relaxed leaning into his seat. It made the cut in her side feel numb, cool, and the merged flesh and liquid clothing became something tolerable. Her shield, or the closest thing she could muster, got thinner as the negative smog and sludge folded into itself around her wound. The sting was still there, slithering beside her spine and clinging to her thin skin, but the opening was successfully sealed, blended into the fusion of flesh and cloth. She staggered, limping forward but keeping her ears on the monster. Six could hear the electric sound effect of another bright line go into its damaged eye, a bunch of sparking and animatronic groans echoed throughout the darkness. Six waited a split second for any spiraled tentacles to attack her, but they'd frozen up, shivering mid-attack. The Wendigo threw all of her Agony down to where she heard and smelled the bulk of its corroding corpse, where she remembered the circus protrusion had been, and crushed the creature. It prepared another tendril to rise and strike her so she quickly disappeared. 

Or that was the plan. 

She almost didn't catch it in time, her raincoat had reappeared in its tarnished yellow once all of the energy she'd amassed flew out of her. Without it, she was limited, nothing but a skeleton with pale gray, thin skin pulled tightly over brittle bones. 

If just one complication could get her killed then she wouldn't be here. Even with her vanishing ability gone and a painful hunger suddenly settling in her stomach. A harsh cough crawled up her throat and her body burned. Six leaned backwards, unbalanced and holding a claw and leg to the side. The appendage flew past her face and her talons dug into the rubbery mud, dragging her with it after scratching the oil layer open. Her outstretched leg slammed on the platform as she was pulled along, heel painfully and repeatedly thudding over the gaps in the metal grid until she hit the railings. Her ribcage compressed against the bars and her claws flayed the length of the tendril as her Agony soared back into her. Life surged back into her and her raincoat distorted, melting wonderfully into rippling oil. A blur of beautiful blue dragged the glitching, smoking bear head closer, bashing it against the catwalk so Six could bend down to its face. She buried her knife into its seemingly empty eye socket, digging into the cracks Mono left in the side of its cheek. The blade's dull rear got wedged into something, she couldn't tell what it was from her angle, the knife and dark casing were in her way. Soon the metal bars keeping her from falling into the mass of tentacles were also blocking her vision, her eye and nose pounded into one beam as the head suddenly reset and yanked back. Her free hand and knees pressed against the rod, keeping the creature from escaping her again. The kitchen knife squeaked as the flat sides slid against the broken costume and internal robotics, hurting her ears and worsening her constant, thrumming headache. The empty eye popped, a black ring and lens sliding forward and some plastic eyelids half closed over the strange part. Why would it only be built with one eye? Six released her grip on the handrails and grabbed the object, leaving five more cuts in a ring around the opening as she squeezed the piece. The Blob finally slingshot out of her grasp, flinging its skull against the wall with more than enough force to leave a small crater and bend the pipes and high-voltage wires. It seized and shivered, electricity coursing through the wire mesh. Its entire form suddenly went rigid, then softened, watery. It took a moment to recollect itself but the Black Death was  nowhere near dumb enough to spare even a moment to glance at what she'd retrieved, blind absorbing it into her coat and lunging for Mono's hand. Gross, wet slapping and oozing echoed throughout the room as the Ensnared retreated.