You Can Be A Pirate

The large animatronic towered over the boy. It's foam paws muffling the stomping of it's clawed feet. The machine walked with a slight bounce in it's step, raising and dropping with the suspension of it's dog-like legs, leaving it with the visage of a hunched over, snarling animal. The lower-most part of the canine leg had a shiny red cover, a simple cylinder protecting the 'bone'. Near the center of the shell was a long line allowing a pair of springs to pop out, connecting to a hole in the next segment of it's suit. The next part of the shell connected the 'ankle' to it's 'shin' and knee, also red with covers for all the ball joints. Draping over the red 'thigh' was the torn set of light brown shorts, though they weren't worn out or dirty like his. The rips in the shorts were clean, smoothly cut with purpose; a pair of tailored, well cleaned and cared for shorts, trimmed to look raggedy and unkempt. 

It's main body was bright red with a pale pink belly, a black skull and crossbones 'tattooed' over it's 'heart'. A brown leather belt wrapped around the hip, centered by a golden fox with a silver eyepatch for a buckle. A plastic cutlass, covered in gold engravings of foxes and ships and waves, hung by a glossy hook and a flintlock dangled by it's intact hand. A bushy red tail with pinkish highlights, a bright white tip, and three golden cuffs around it's base swayed as it walked. It's right wrists were covered in fake-gold and silver bracelets; shining chains, cuffs encrusted with plastic sapphire and emerald gems, strings tying together imitations of countless precious stones and crystals, and collections of pearls. The right hand was replaced by a shiny silver hook held in place by a black rubber cover. Bright white claws connected to red fingers covered in decadent rings of silver and gold and diamonds, cutting through the cold air from their joints on a square hand with a pale pink palm. 

Soft spikes of darker crimson fur peeked up from behind it's elbows. Contrary to the rest of the animatronics plastered over the advertisements and merchandise, the fox lacked the huge, and heavily dated, shoulder pads. Instead more dense and dark red fur stood up from the sides of it's slender shoulders; on one of which stood a cactus green bird with a lime green stomach, a set of yellow feet and and orange beak, a tiny black eyepatch and red bandana around it's small head. Several necklaces of gold and silver and pearls dangled from it's neck; some bearing symbols like checkered flags, bowling pins, green golf balls, a gold laser gun, and a pair of pink roller skates. The fox's jaws bore many small gold piercings and sharp white teeth, some replaced with scratched gold points. Many earrings dangled from triangular microphones atop it's head, sticking through holes in a brighter red bandana with a white canine skull surrounded by white cutlasses printed over the forehead. A felt eyepatch covering one eye had a crossed pair of a fancy white knife and pistol sewn into it, while the other was a kindly yellow with a big 'X' for it's pupil. 

"Never thought ol' Captain Foxy be the one ta' snatch up a raider 'fore tha' crew, too many doors 'tween me an' tha' Lobby, compared ta' their greenrhums, but 'ere we arrgh!" 

It's suspension bounced further it it spoke, waving it's hook and claw above it's head, it's rubbery black nose pointed down at the boy. Gregory tried to get up, but his knees quickly gave out beneath him. A loud, metallic 'crack' hit the ground not far from him. Foxy's hook shattered a nearby tile as he reached to catch the boy's head with his rubbery pink paw. The cold tips of the talons grazed the child's shirt, it's fingers bent slightly backward, almost appearing double jointed, to keep from cutting open the pale skin over his chest. 

"I don' think yee be ready ta' fight on yer own quite yet, lad, but I like tha' spirit in yer bones!" It rambled. 

He immediately helped the boy sit back up, grabbing his hand and lifting him back into place by the open heater.