08 - great support

Lando

On Thursday evening Ferrari had announced that Carlos would not seat in the car this weekend. The reason given was a violation of the internal team rule, just ridiculous. The other teams and drivers were all wondering, but since nobody knew the real reason, there wasn't too much attention.

This Sunday there was one last meeting before the race and there I was, alone, without Carlos. Charles, Alex and George were the only ones who knew the truth, but neither could they do anything about Ferrari's decision.

"Mate why isn't Carlos racing today?" I heard Pierre asked Charles, who quickly looked in my direction.

"It is... ah... yeah it's" the Monegasque tried to explain when the man in front of us interrupted him.

"Leclerc is there anything you want to tell us?"

Without thinking I stood up and everybody looked at me. I directly regretted my action but I needed to say something I can't be quiet about it anymore.

"It's about Carlos." I started and now I really had everybody's attention.

Nobody knew what really happened and why he wasn't racing and none of us could do about Ferraris decision.

"Carlos and I are together and Ferrari or lets say the team principal isn't happy about it so the banned Carlos. He can't race today because he's in love with me. If he isn't allowed to race because of love I am also not willing to take part in today's race."

Everybody looked at me but I didn't care. I just turned around and while everybody was starring with their eyes wide open I left.

If Carlos couldn't be here I didn't want to be here either, it's just not right. Why did he has to face consequences and I didn't?

As soon as I shut the door of my drivers room behind me it was open again by my boss.

"Lando what did you do?"

He wasn't angry but the stressed look on his face was enough for me to kinda get anxious, but I was doing it for Carlos.

"It's not right, they can't bann him because he's in love with me. If that's what's happening then I wanna be punished like him, miss the race."

"Don't be stupid Lando you are going to race today. I will go to Ferrari and talk to them."

I raised an eyebrow in surprise because thus wasn't quite the reaction I accepted. He wasn't mad or anything.

"So you have no problem with me being with Carlos?" I shyly asked because I still wasn't sure what he thinks of it.

"Of course not Lando. Love is a wonderful thing and I already noticed how close you were at Carlos time here. I am happy for you that you finally spoke out your emotions."

He put his hand on my shoulder and smiled at me while he spoke.

"But I have to tell you to act professional and don't share team details. Also it shouldn't have an impact on your performance or the fight with Ferrari."

My smile faded as soon as he said the team name. The team that had banned my boyfriend for no reason. The team that had basically fired him.

My boss saw the changing look on my face and sighed.

"I will go and speak to them, but for this race it's too late but for the next one he will be back I promise you."