10 - winning love

Lando

It was the last race of the year, Abu Dhabi. Unfortunately Ferrari was way too far ahead of us and therefore there wasn't anything in this race but still I wanted to finish with a great result. Starting second behind Leclerc was therefore perfect for me.

As Verstappen had won the championship a couple of races ago he didn't put much effort in qualifying which put him in P5. Carlos was P4 with Russell between us.

But because our cars were behind each other at the grid I managed to sneak over to the Ferrari and have a last word with Carlos.

"I wish you good luck." I said while he turned away from his trainer towards me, "But don't finish in front of me."

He had to laugh at my second sentence and stepped a bit closer so we could have a word in almost private.

"As we finished in the constructors in front of you I really wish you the win today."

Surprised by his words I was lost for words for a moment and Carlos brushed through my hair.

"Stop being so cute." I said shyly and looked around us, luckily nobody was paying attention.

After Austin and Brazil there was quite a attention around us but now most of the people were fine with us and the situation and the ones who weren't didn't dare to say something.

"I will never stop that tiger." Carlos leaned towards my ear and whispered.

I immediately got goosebumps and wrapped my arms around Carlos body because I was anxious that I would pass out considering his cute words and actions. My head rested on his chest and for a moment the world stood still.

How was it possible that we both were living our dream, racing in Formula 1, love each other unconditionally and it was all okay. The result today even didn't matter to me. I just wanted to finish the season and relax, have some time off with Carlos away from all the attention, time only for us.

The Spaniard placed his head on mine for a moment before he took it away. Instead I felt his lips on my forehead as he placed a kiss there.

"I love you."

Slowly I leaned back in his arms and our eyes met.

"I love you too Carlos."

The moment was disturbed by a throat clearing and we let go of each other. I quickly smiled at Carlos and brushed over his hand with mine before I turned around and stepped back to my car and people.

But these moments were gold for me. Sharing the most important part of the weekend and my job with the man I loved the most. After I had put on my helmet and before I took a seat in my car I looked back one more time.

Carlos was standing next to his trainer and engineer with his helmet in his hands. A slight wind was coming and he ran his hand through his hair. The hair I was pulling on last night as we shared a wonderful and quite hot evening together. Celebrating my front row start.

With the thought of last night and the one on the upcoming one I took a seat in my McLaren. From my engineer I got last things and words before everybody left the car and the formation lap started.

After the five lights went out I tried to overtake Leclerc which I managed to do after three laps. Now leading I tried to manage my tires but at the same time build a gap to the Ferrari. Suddenly after the first pit stop round and a couple of laps there was a yellow and following red flag.

On the big screens I just saw a red car, a Ferrari and immediately my heart dropped.

Okay Lando that's red flag, box at the end of the lap.