⟨ 三 ⟩

CHAPTER 03

CHAPTER 03

❝ TORE MY SHIRT TO STOP YOU BLEEDING ❞

TORE MY SHIRT TO STOP YOU BLEEDING

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♡︎♡︎♡︎
SEVERAL DAYS HAVE passed yet the demon remains in my mind still. I could not forget such a look, nor could I just shrug off the events as if it did not leave a mark in my life. I could still remember the bloody, lifeless bodies in the shed, which, oddly enough, were all men. I recognized some to be the clients of rivaling houses' oirans, all were men that varied in ages, but were usually older than me.

But along with the dead came the face of the killer. The demon's face was engraved in my memories. All I could think about lately was his face. It was the first time I had seen a demon's face at such a close angle, and to think I was saved by one as well. Long, oddly coloured eyelashes, eyes that were tilted inwards, with the irises having the words Upper Rank Three etched in them. I don't think I could ever forget those eyes.

The demon was wearing a somewhat pink or purple sleeveless haori, that only showcased his marks and toned body even more. His marks reminded me of the ones tattooed on criminals, but I've ever only seen someone with that same tattoo once, and that person has long been gone from my life.

It was night once again. Demons must be prowling around, trying to find meals that could last them until they find another new source of food. And so I wondered, was the demon that saved me also lurking in the darkness? Was he preying on another human once again? Or was the feast he had last night enough to keep his hunger?

I still wonder whether he really did save me or was I spared for food later. I cannot help but think of something as negative like that. Demons are still demons, after all. Saving one does not negate the death of many.

Since the night was calm, unlike the past few days, I decided to take a seat on the balcony, admiring the clear night sky and the bright moon up above. She was as beautiful as the day I first arrived here, full and naked for everyone to see. Many people have compared my beauty to the moon, even telling me how my name perfectly fits what I present to everyone. Nonetheless, they know nothing about me. People do not know that Mitsuki is who I became, and not who I was born as.