⟨ 二十 ⟩

CHAPTER 20

CHAPTER 20

LET ME LET YOU GO

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♡︎♡︎♡︎
MY TWO YOUNGER sisters held onto both of my hands as we walked through the museum. Hazuki was very interested with the items of the past, eagerly gazing at them with her big brown eyes that glistened like honey under sunlight. Hizuki, on the other hand, was more interested in the history behind the items, quickly digging her nose into any article she'd find.

Their school had a little field trip, and since I am currently standing as their guardian, I'm obligated to go with them. But I'm not exactly complaining though, it was nice to do something else besides get gawked at in my own school. I've been dubbed as the beauty of the night just because my classmates always see me at night in the most random places.

I still wonder what goes on inside their heads.

The next part of the museum was all about deceased famous people of the past, and one of the people that caught my attention was of a painting of a courtesan decorated with moonflowers and queen of the nights.

I barely noticed Hazuki and Hizuki letting go of my hand and going somewhere as I took a step closer to the painting, completely mesmerized by the beauty of it.

The courtesan was beautiful, but there was sadness in their eyes, their smile was merely a ghost, and it almost seemed as if they were speaking to me.

"Did you know that the oiran in the painting was a guy disguised as a woman?"

A dark haired boy with pretty eyelashes suddenly appeared beside me, surprising me with both his appearance and the sudden information.

"Uh. . . why did he disguise himself?" I asked, hoping to continue the conversation. The boy hummed before answering me, "He disguised himself because the people in the house forced him into being a courtesan. He was sold into the entertainment district by his family."