Chapter 19

💛Crystal's Pov💛

Lucas brought us to a restaurant that just screamed "minimalist and cozy". I followed him to the table that was reserved for us and we took our seat.

"You know we could have just gone to McDonald's, right?" I say, and he smiles. "I know, that but it wouldn't be a very healthy meal if you got only burgers, fries, and soda." I scoff and roll my eyes, "Thanks Dad" I say, making him chuckle.

"I thought of taking you to a fancier restaurant but I had the feeling that you would have preferred to have things simple".

I smile, he's right. I was never the type of girl who wanted expensive stuff, for some reason, I felt like it was a waste, but I'm not completely against it.

"No, you're right, thanks for bringing me here. It makes me feel more comfortable".

"I thought so" his smile tugging more on his handsome face.

Soon the waiter comes to our table and takes our order. Lucas orders pasta alfredo and I order spaghetti and meatballs. As the waiter talks to Lucas, I notice a little scar on Lucas' cheek. I find myself suddenly getting curious and unknowingly reaching out to touch his cheek. Lucas's eyes suddenly turn and meet mine, startling me in the process and making me retract as fast as possible. I then noticed that the waiter was still there and eyeing me oddly.

Heat starts creeping up my cheek. I just wanted to forget dinner and let the ground swallow me up instead. I tried to look anywhere but at them, I didn't want to let any of them see my face at this point. I then hear Lucas holding back his laugh, I glance up to see Lucas giving me a warm smile. I thought I would melt at that second. "My girlfriend must've seen an eyelash on my face and tried to remove it". Then he reaches out across the table and holds my hand "Thanks babe"

...

Please Ground Swallow. Me. Up.

The waiter just took his eyes off me and laughed. "Young love" he says and Lucas just... grins... an underwear-melting grin?

Yep, I want to walk out of here right now.

When the waiter leaves, Lucas just smiles at me.

"Really? Girlfriend?"

"Yeah, sorry it was the first thing that came to mind"

At this point, if my embarrassment had a bar it would be filled by now and overflowing. So I don't pursue the matter.

"Right, I forgot to mention, your desk will be arriving tomorrow."

"Wait, so I'm not going to have my own office"

Lucas tilts his head and smiles "Nope, you're staying with me. Besides that's part of your job to spend time with me as we both work together".

Yup, I'm gonna keep quiet, hopefully with all the future graduations that need to be graduated and find employers that decide to hire me. I will get to experience what it would be like to have my own office.

Soon our food arrives and we chat while eating. He tells me more of his childhood and I share some of mine. We ended also up sharing our embarrassing moments and couldn't stop laughing. I was sure that the other customers at the restaurant must have thought that we were crazy but we didn't really care, we were having fun. I guess I'm slowly starting to realize how much fun I'm having being around Lucas. He isn't overbearing, he's the calm, funny, and laid-back guy that anyone would want as a friend. His smile feels like rays of sunshine. Especially when he laughs, you'll end up feeling accomplished for being the person to put that smile on his face.