9. Setting Sail

Eve and Sinbad quickly ducked into an alleyway, being sure not to be spotted. Eve had managed to find a stray cloak in one of the cottages back in his village and put it over his head in hopes of not being recognized. She didn't know much about this world, but she realized pretty quickly that what he had done was more than illegal and he's be severely punished for it. She figured the best thing they could do was to get out of the country and hope to find somewhere they could take refuge.

Eve swiftly slipped behind a ragged curtain and into a small quiet shop. She turned around only to see that Sinbad was not behind her. With a silent groan, she reached an arm through the gap in the curtain and grasped hold of his wrist before pulling him into the shop too. 

"You know, if you wanted to be closer to me," he started with a devilish smirk. "you could've just asked.

Eve rolled her eyes and turned back into the shop and began walking forward, dragging Sinbad behind her. "If I did, you'd still be flirting instead of focusing. Pick out some food, we don't know how long we'll be out so we should probably stock up."

Sinbad hummed and turned to look around the shop. There were some dried meats that would be good for long journeys, he figured, and some other supplies. Sinbad quickly turned to his right as the feeling of cold air washed across his wrist, seeing only that Eve had wandered towards another part of the small shop. He looked down at his arm where she had been holding his wrist and a sad groan escaped his lips. Why did he feel colder without her touch.

"Hey, you done staring at your arm, cause' I think I found some stuff for us."

Eve's voice snapped Sinbad out of his daze. He quickly tucked his hand back into the shelter of the cloak before looking up to see her holding a bag about the size of her hand filled to the brim with dried meats and a small loaf of bread in the other hand.

"Yeah, did you find some stuff?" He asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah I did," Eve replied as she tucked the bag under her arm and reached into a pocket on her side, pulling out a few copper coins. 

"Hey, where'd you get that money? I thought you weren't from around here?" Sinbad asked curiously with a hint of skepticism to his voice.

"I'm not, I sold one of my necklaces to another shop keeper and he gave me a few coins. I just hope it's enough, though I'm sure it won't be a problem..." she mumbled the last part, but Sinbad still managed to hear it. Before he could ask what she meant by it, Eve was already walking up to the vendor behind a makeshift counter. "Excuse me, sir, I'd like to buy these."

The vendor grumbled as he inspected the three copper coins Eve had placed on the wooden bar. "The price is four copper coins, you're one short." 

Eve sighed silently to herself before perching up further onto the counter, carefully placing her arms under her chest and gently pushing up, not enough to expose too much, but enough to get her through this. "Please, can't you make an exception, for me?" She asked, fluttering her lashes.

She hated using this tactic, but she only got six copper coins for that necklace, and she didn't know what other kind of trouble they might get into, so it'd be better to not waste the little money they had. She looked deep into the vendor's eyes as she saw his gaze falter just slightly, a light crimson blush coating his cheeks, and a small huff frustration and she knew she'd won him over.

With an exasperated sigh, the vendor finally spoke, closing his eyes and grabbing the copper coins. "I guess just this one time, I can make an exception..." he mumbled, his cheeks growing a darker shade of red by the second.