16. Runaway

Eve slipped the white tunic over her head and pulled it down to cover her waist quickly, not wanting to take too long to get changed. The shirt was clearly not her size, obviously too big for her physique, though she figured she would have to do something about it regardless. She looked around the room to see if there was anything she might be able to use temporarily until she could get a new shirt that would make this one look less out of place on her. She spotted a small section of shelves, most likely the ones Pipirika retrieved the bandages and medical supplies from, and Eve quickly made her way over, hoping there'd be something else of use in one of the drawers. 

She didn't find much, though she did find a handful of safety pins, a sewing needle, some thread, and a roll of grey ribbon. It wasn't much, but she figured it would work for later. She decided not to use the sewing needle or thread, since she did intend to give the shirt back to Sinbad once she found a replacement for her old one, but the ribbon and safety pins would work quite nicely.

Avoiding any permanent alterations to the article of clothing, Eve pulled out a few safety pins, pinning back parts of the shirt that were too gappy for her liking, and generally giving the loose tunic a more tight fitted look while still maintaining it's simplicity and modesty. In order to hide the safety pins as well as make the shirt a bit more stylish in her mind, she took some of the ribbon and wrapped it around her waist a few times, almost creating something similar in shape to a corset but without as much support or tightness. It was loose enough to be flexible and comfortable while still tight enough to give her a bit of a figure. 

A simple V-neck tunic with a folded collar, a grey ribbon waist and a white skirt along with her light purple boots from earlier. Eve felt comfortable and warm in her outfit was also a bit stylish. She found an elastic rubber band in one of the other drawers and took the opportunity to tie her hair back into a high pony tail. With a deep breath, she carried herself towards the door to the cabin, turning over the handle and slowly pulling the door open. 

Lights from the center of town could be seen from the deck of the cabin and Sinbad stood facing the small city at the edge of the fenced in balcony outside the door. Upon hearing the door open,  Sinbad turned to face Eve his eyes widening in surprise at how quickly she'd changed his shirt into something else entirely. He felt his cheeks heat up slightly and hoped hat if Eve had noticed, that she'd written it off as the lights from the city, though he really just wanted the darkness of the night to cover up any potential blush he might've shown.

He hadn't seen her with her hair up before and he certainly wasn't against it upon seeing it. She looked cute. He wasn't sure where she had found the ribbon or whatever else she'd used to change her look so quickly, but he thought that it only made her beauty more pronounced. The pony tail, combined with he V-neck only enhanced her features, the ribbon only defining her waist better and the small signs of redness on her cheeks making her look adorable.

Everything about her look made him think she was more fetching by the day. Sinbad began to feel his heart race, his face suddenly feeling hotter than before and his eyes trained solely on her. His mouth opened as if to speak, but no words came to be heard. He noticed her head tilt to the side a bit, her ponytail swinging as she moved.

"You okay, Sinbad?" She asked, slightly concerned.

His name coming from her lips sounded like heaven to his ears and his mind only raced faster thinking about every little thing he loved about her. He could listen to her voice for hours on end, yet her question caught his attention once again and he quickly snapped back. 

"Forgive me, my lady," He spoke sweetly, grasping her hand and leaning down to kiss it. "I was simply mesmerized by your enchanting beauty."

Before he got the chance to kiss the top of her hand, she swiftly pulled it out of his reach and pushed him back up to a standing position with the tip of her pointer finger against his forehead. "Oh no, none of that tonight," she spoke, hoping he wouldn't see her blush as she recalled the previous events from that night, which led her to think that was more than enough flirting for several years. "Come on, if we don't hurry, we might miss the ceremony."