Friends, Frenemies, and other F words

I whipped around, and looked into a pair of dark brown eyes. "I apologize for sneaking up on you, I just couldn't leave you alone on this island." A teenager, I would say at least sixteen or seventeen, was blushing and fidgiting behind me. "I'm Serena. Mrs. Esme's maid for the island. My parents also work here, but they are in the garden." She said with a thick French accent. Maid? Esme never told me we had maids.

"I'm Nessie. Esme's granddaughter." I grinned, and Serena's face lit up.

"Oh! The hybrid! I have heard about you!" She hopped up and down a few times. I smiled and started to stand up. "Where is Edward Cullen today? He told me he would be moved by now," Serena wondered aloud. I froze, and rolled my eyes.

"He's busy with my mother. Like, very busy. Serious. Do not bother them. At all." She blinked in confusion, and I started laughing. "Nevermind. Don't worry about it. He won't see you until they come up for air, which they don't need." I accidentally let my joke slip, and I laughed again. Serena's eyes widened, and she gagged.

"Brut! Brut! Brut!*" She screamed. I laughed even harder, and her face reminded me of Jake. I felt my face turn into a pout, and Serena looked at me funny. "Qu'est-ce qui ne va pas*?" She asked.

"Well, I left my best guy friend to move here, and," I hesitated, should I tell her that I like liked him? Yeah. "I like like him. You know, like, have a crush on?" Serena nodded, and pursed her lips.

"I understand how you are feeling. I left my Garrott the first year I worked here. Although, I do not act like it is a job."

"My uncle's name is Garrott. I don't think he's French though." I shrugged. Before Serena could answer, I heard Mom's voice scream to me.

"Nessie! Want some pizza?" I sighed, and rolled my eyes.

"Obviously! Be right there!" I screamed back. "Can you eat, Serena?" She nodded, and I grabbed her hand. "Come on! Dad's a sucky cook, but his pizza is great!"

"Okay, Nessie! Your father will not mind?" I laughed, and Dad poked his head out the front door.
"Oh, Serena. Nice to see you, how are your parents?"

"Good, thank you very much, Mr. Cullen! Nessie has invited me to eat with you; do I have your permission, sir?" Mom was at his side, and nodded.

"Of course, Serena. You can hang out in your room for a bit, Nessie, until the pizzas are ready." Dad made a face, and I smiled. I raced up to my bedroom, and Serena looked around.

"You enjoy the movies of Sharkboy and Lavagirl, and Grown Ups 2? Funny movies. But, I never could figure out whom he was." She pointed to Sharkboy in the poster. I nodded, and traced his face.

"He is so cute! I read the credits, and apparently his name's Brick Jacobs, born in Grand Rapids, Michigan." Serena laughed a melodic laugh.

"It sounds so fake! Brick Jacobs! Oh, my!" She giggled. We started laughing, and I tripped and collapsed on my bed. That got us cracking up again. "I have never been so close to another girl before," Serena noted. "It is nice. In France, I had a friend named Laurent, but he disappeared with a woman named Victoria. She was a bitch. With her glowing red eyes that matched her blood red hair, and her long pale face with thin red lips. Ugly!"

"She tried to kill my mother because my father killed James, her mate. Mate for a mate, I suppose." I shrugged. I stared at my Sharkboy poster again, and made a mind blowing discovery. He looked exactly like Jake, except young.

"Nessie! Pizza!"

*Gross

**What is wrong?