𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 : 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 , 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 , 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 (𝐈)

Bravery

That single word could describe who General Gu Xi-Wang was as a person throughout his whole life as a mortal and a god.

General Gu Xi-Wang's real name has been forgotten but not most his story.

It was said he was born in a average clan . When his parents saw his red hair they knew he was a blessing and would be one of the strongest cultivators in the mortal realm. They were absolutely right.

As the general grew up , his physical and cultivational strength was evident in everyone's eyes and so was his bravery and kindness when he roamed around a dangerous river and saved a little unconscious girl surrounded by deadly flowers in the middle of the river.

When he turned eighteen he decided to travel all the country with the company of the young girl who he saved. During his journey he meet many people who travelled with him, most decided to settle down but the little girl he saved and a lord's fourth son who he helped during his journey, stayed with him till the end.

Many years and adventures passed by until one day they encountered a city where the citizens had to live in the hands of a powerful but evil cultivation clan. Seeing how much the citizens suffered he couldn't let them at this state and so started a revolt. In the beginning, none of the citizens would want to join his cause out of fear, they had seen what happened to those who revolted and failed but the young General Gu Xi-Wang was able after many troubles prove himself to these citizens and bring moral to all the all that was suffering. With his crimson blade Shiwen , a little army of nine hundred inexperienced men in combat and war affair, one actual good medic, a friend who was had a powerful cultivation and his leadership, they won against an army of two thousand cultivators and only two hundred loss on their side after 6 months. Truly a miracle in ones eye but a truly great accomplishment for our young General Gu Xi-Wang. He promised to give back the poor citizens land and he did whiteout asking for anything as i quote :

''I cannot ask for any compensation when I lost more than Two hundred of your men in battle who hoped for a better future for their family and friends''

No matter how much the citizens tried to reward him he refused.

Shortly after the war ended he ascended the Heaven's as the General Gu Xi-Wang , a martial god that promise to bring moral to your army and give you knowledge that would help you in battle. the young girl and the lord's fourth son would become his deputy gods before ascending of their own later on . With more than nine thousand temples dedicated to him, his closest friends ascending their turns, well liked by all , charming looks, he had a seemingly perfect life.

Until a fateful day when he descended after hearing prayers of a evil cultivator menacing a village and asking for his help. The fight seemed to be in the General's favor until he tried to give a second chance to the evil cultivator,when he turned his back the cultivator attacked him with all his might with a spell that would lead the evil cultivator to self destruct as he seemed determined to bring down the village and everybody with him. General Gu Xi-Wang, determined to save everyone stopped the evil cultivator by stealing the cultivator's power and transferring it to himself and using his own cultivation to suppress it which saved many but lead to his death. He could have just killed the evil cultivator but he choose to save them at the cost of his own life, he believed that everyone was good. How naive . His death was a great tragedy but as time passed by he was slowly forgotten and his temples and memories are now covered in dust. Only expert storyteller could tell you the tale of General Gu Xi-Wang but none are fully complete or exact to what actually happened . Even this story i am telling you is only the most commonly spread.

Of course i know what really happened but I'll only tell you when we finish the full tale, it's only the beginning , we still have Elegance and power to uncover but i don't mind telling you a little fun fact about our General Gu Xi-Wang.

His real name was Huo Yong and courtesy name was Huo Yetong.