Chapter 1: The old lady

Your life started quite normally. No problem occured when you were born, you peacefully got out of the hospital when your mother was ready to head back home and you started your life the way a baby does: constantly moving in your craddle, screaming and crying day and night, every day, always wanting to eat and all the stuff that brings parents to reality when they think having a baby is the most wonderful thing in the world.

Beside all those annoying things that are characteristic of toddlers, you became a beautiful child with big [E/C] eyes and amazing [hair length] straight/wavy/curly [H/C] hair. Your smile was brighter than the sun itself and as warm as a fireplace. You've always had ease when it came about socializing because you used to witness a lot of people in your house. Boys and girls, young and old, you saw all kind of individuals wandering through the corridors of your lovely home. However, whenever you decided to greet them, they seemed pretty surprised that you noticed them and always gave you a shy salutation before entering the next room. Every time you wanted to follow them, you couldn't manage to find them, thinking they were either playing hide and seek or very fast. Nevertheless, after seeing them around for a while, you realized that they decided to leave one by one.

Every time one of them disappeared, you started to cry because you were missing them, as they were somehow your friends.

Especially the old lady.

She was one of the first you met and one of the last to leave. What was so special about her is that, on the contrary of the others, she would always knock on the front door for you to open it and allow her to come in the crowded house. Most of them seemed to know her for reasons you didn't know. You learned many details about her: Her name was Nancy, she was 85 years old when you met, she had a husband and a dog that would join her from time to time. Her husband, Jeremy, was a 87-year-old man who was always joyful. Their dog, Goliath, was a [favorite fur color][favorite dog breed], which is probably the reason why you liked him a lot. He was quite young, 2 years old according to the old couple, and enjoyed playing with you in the garden.

The little family would sometimes leave you gifts such as a flower, a little snack, a [favorite fruit], etc. One day, you laughed when you discovered that Goliath brought you one day a bone, then one of his favorite toys the next day.

Alas, when you realized they didn't come at home anymore, your heart shattered in a million of pieces and you broke down in tears.

Your parents tried to understand what you meant when you talked about people entering and leaving the house, but they didn't seem to comprehend what you were saying.

You lived with that incomprehension for many years until you grew into a young adolescent. When you reached your 12 years old, your parents finally decided to bring up what you never realized for the 12 first years of your life.

You were able to communicate with dead people.