Chapter 3: The pool

During high school, you were as bullied as you were as a child. Unfortunately, this time, you had no one to talk to. You didn't manage to make any friends because they either knew who you were or heard the rumors that were orbiting around you. Although some people were still nice to you without being too friendly, the majority was either ignoring you or making fun of you and calling you a weirdo due to your supernatural ability. They couldn't understand what it's like to meet dead people. Most people think it happens like in horror movies, where evil spirits come into your house with only one goal in mind: killing you. Even if evil entities exist, they are not the biggest part of the ghostly population. The majority of them are either lost, trapped or wandering on earth. The lost ones are generally young people, especially children, who don't know what's happening to them; the trapped ones are either young or middle-aged people who aren't done with what they needed to do during their lifetime; finally, the wandering ones are just waiting for an event that will make them move on to their next life.

You were alone in the bus when you had to go to school or get back home. However, there was one single thing that could make you forget what you were going through.

Music.

Arts in general, actually. Listening to music was one of the few ways you could have to escape from reality for a little while. Music knew how to comfort you when you were in your darkest. Drawing was also a solution to run away from your life by creating characters that could help you going through each day. Among every individuals you brought to life with your pencil, there was one of them that you appreciated more than the others.

You decided to call him Ashiro Sasaki.

He was a young brown-haired boy with blue eyes. He had a little sister, Meu Sasaki, who had silver hair and the same eyes as her brother. There was also Yume Aisawa, Ashiro's friend, a girl with rainbow hair and bright blue eyes who was blind, and Mikage Kowareta, a black-haired girl with an eyepatch on her left eye. You imagined she lost it during a battle. She was at first Ashiro's rival, but became her friend with time and maybe they ended up being more than just friends.

You had your own little world that made you believe you could live without worrying about the deadly risks that might surround you.

You believed so until the pool's accident.

You were forced to go to the swimming pool for six Fridays in a row, which you didn't really enjoy as you had to be with your classmates in a place where many distasters could occur. Even though you were okay with your looks, your schoolmates would just laugh at your body in addition to your power. You sadly got used to it but didn't expect that they would try to finish you off in such a way.

There was no one around to watch over your group. You were standing on the edge of the greatest depth of the pool. You suddenly felt someone pushing you, causing you to fall into the water without a warning. Panicked, you tried to reach the surface, but you were only being pulled closer to the bottom. You thought it would be over and your eyes started bluring when you saw a silhouette reaching towards you.

"Don't be afraid" The voice said before you passed out.

When you woke up, you were lying on a bench. You quickly sat up and spit large quantities of water. When you tried to look around to find where your savior was, there was no one to be seen. When you asked people who rescued you, the answer was the same: The whole pool was evacuated and everyone went outside. When the paramedics came, you were lying on the bench you were sitting on. No one was seen leaving the building.