Chapter 6: The interviewed

Fazbear's Fright: The Horror Attraction is a large building built to look like a crumbling old pizzeria. Mold and moss is covering the walls, the wooden doors look terribly damaged and seem to beg for someone to break them down and end their miserable life, the windows are broken and bugs are crawling everywhere. If this is made on purpose, then it's well done! In addition to the creepy looks of the attraction, the gates giving access to the entrance are rusty and squeak like an army of gremlins screaming all together. You start questioning whether it was a good idea to come here or not.

"Well, I'm not going any closer to this old-looking and odd-looking building. I'll wait for you. Good luck!"

You wave at him as you head towards the entrance. You are stopped by the ticket controller.

" - Ticket, please.

- I'm here for a job interview."

The man analyzes you from head to toe.

"Alright then, follow me."

You are guided to a small office almost plunged into the darkness. The only source of light is a light bulb hanging from the blank ceiling. You sit down and face another man hiding in the darkness, a table being the only object separating the two of you.

" - Good afternoon, miss/mister.

- Good afternoon.

- Identify yourself.

- Um, [Y/n] [L/n].

- How old are you?

- I'm 17."

He seems quite surprised to be facing such a young person. He nods.

" - Interesting... Are you here for the night guard job or the investigator one?

- What do you mean by "investigator"?

- It seems like you are very unaware of what you might sign up for. Let me give you a brief explanation: we need someone who can communicate with the spirits in order to solve the mystery lying around our building. Indeed, some customers pretended to witness children running down the hallways before disappearing as fast as they appeared.

- Is it possible to assume both positions?"

He looks up at you in astonishment.

" - Do you think you could handle both posts?

- I guess? I can speak to entities and I believe I'll be able to watch over the horror attraction at the same time.

- How intriguing... tell me about yourself.

- Well, there aren't many things to say. I've had the ability to communicate with spirits since I was a child, which isolated me from everyone and made me an outcast. I don't mind staying up all night to look after the building as long as I have enough [favorite drink].

- Alright then... Do you have any expectations regarding this job?

- Besides making it out alive, nothing much.

- Very well... If any kind of dramatic accident had to occur, would you like us to call anyone?

- Yes, my uncle. Here is his number: +1-XXX-XXX-XXXX.

- Thank you... Here is a warning before making sure you really want the job: we don't take any kind of responsibility if you had to go through injuries/accidents/a possible death and don't cover lost or stolen accessories. Is this okay for you?

- Uh... Yeah, sure? Why would there be any deadly risks for me though?

- This is just a... precaution...

- Okay... I agree with the Terms of the Policy.

- Great! You're hired.

- So... when do I start?

- Tonight, 12 AM. Make sure to be on time.

- No problem, have a nice day!"