Chapter 13: 1987

" - Hello, kiddo! How was your night?

- My investigation is getting interesting.

- Does that mean you're dating someone?

- What? N-no! I was talking about the paranormal activities.

- Oh, I see. 

- Are you going to tell me another story tonight?

- Yes, I am.

- Could it be less gore and dramatic this time?

- Alas, I can't really decide that.

- What do you mean, uncle?

- You'll understand soon."

You sigh and get dressed to go to bed.

"I'm sorry that you have to hear a different kind of stories that you were used to, but I promise you'll know why I'm doing this in a few days."

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

After the two consecutive tragedies that occured, Freadbear's Family Diner and Circus Baby's Pizza World were closed. The father was destroyed: all his dreams turned into ashes. He knew his co-worker had nothing to do with his son's death, but he was mad at him for having a daughter who was alive. He thought that if he couldn't have his daughter by his side, then his partner shouldn't either. That girl was Evan's only friend. Moreover, he believed that maybe his son would be able to have his friend back in heaven. That child was his first victim.

After learning that his sweet daughter died, the man's co-worker was afflicted as much as him. But the murderer didn't know that his first victim would possess a marionette animatronic: the Puppet. Four years later, a new pizzeria was built: Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. That new diner had brand new robots that were safer than the old ones. Indeed, the springlock suits were abandonned and Fredbear and Spring Bonnie were gone forever. No one was allowed to talk about them and had to pretend they have never existed. It was a cold month of November and newcomers were glad to find a warm place where they could eat pizzas. However, the ones who knew about the Circus Baby's accident and the Bite of '83 were a bit reluctant when they heard about Freddy Fazbear's pizza.

Nevertheless, the business was brisk and throve once again. The majority tried to think positively by imagining that, since the springlock suits were barred, this place would be much better than the previous ones. This time, Toy Freddy, Toy Chica and Toy Bonnie were the ones in the limelight. There was even an animatronic specially designed for children. This one could have their limbs removed and replaced in many different ways. This is how they got their name: Mangle.

Alas, as the saying goes, bad luck comes in threes. The company needed a nightguard to watch over the animatronics for five nights in a row. A certain man called Jeremy Fitzgerald volunteered to get the security guard's job. But he complained about the animatronics moving during the night and getting into his office all the time. Unfortunately, the poor guy was forced to do his job until the end of his contract. On the fith night, it is said that Mangle attacked him and bit him in the head, causing Jeremy to lose a lot of blood and die shortly after. Once again, another pizzeria closed down, saying that the animatronics would be scrapped due to possible malfunctions. However, the original characters would have been kept in hopes of a possible reorganization of the company.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

" - Wait, did you mention a robot called Mangle? You ask, thinking about the second phantom you met last night.

- I did. Why do you ask?

- I... Nothing.

- Alright. Good night, [Y/n]."