S1 Epi 8: The Case of The Canine

Melissa had a mission today to investigate a murder at a surburb home today.

"MELISSA PLEASE CAN WE COME WITH YOU?" Leafy was eager to see Melissa's place of work and shadow her.

"Lily I told you. You must stay here." Melissa looked at George who was chewing on a piece of toast. "Why don't you watch tv with George?" Leafy looked at her. "He doesn't let me have a turn!" Melissa looked over at Gelatin. "Let her have a turn ok George?" George was eating, muffling words.

"Your father isn't here. Who is usually in charge of everyone?" Melissa spoke at the door. Leafy pondered that question. No one was ever really in charge when they hung out. "Maybe you should make me in charge of everyone!" Melissa smiled. "Ok you are in charge... don't make me regret it." Then, she left with the slam of the door. It was 8:30. It is time to wake everyone up for the day.

Leafy walked to the first set of bedrooms. In this bedroom, Match, Pencil, and Flower were sleeping. When they turned the knob, they were still sleeping, not disturbed in the slightest. She gave a hearty good morning and hello. Flower screamed. Match spoke. "What time is it? Why is Leafy in here?" Pencil rose up, half awake. "GET OUT! GET OUT YOU WHO DISTURB US!" Leafy pointed at the clock in the room. "It's time to get up!" Pencil grabbed a pillow and threw it at Leafy. "Ow! I'm in charge you know!" Pencil was mad. "I don't care. I'll never take you seriously!" Leafy left and breathed a sigh of relief that she was not dead.

David tapped Melissa on the shoulder and they walked outside to the front porch. David was ready to discuss the matter of letting the inhabitants stay at their average sized home. "Melissa, I made a decision last night and you probably won't want to hear it." Melissa was looking down at her phone. David whistled at her. She looked up and waited for his reply. "They can't stay Melissa. We really don't have much room." Melissa spoke with rolled eyes. "I was able to make room. Besides, they had nowhere else to go." David stamped his foot. "Ok is it me that you love more or is it these people that you have grown attached to?" Melissa was digusted. "You are making me choose?" David sighed. "Well obviously!"

Melissa reached for her keys. "I'm not going to get rid of them! You can move out if you don't think there's enough room but I am staying and helping these people until they can find a new home." David gained a smirk. "That's it? Then you will let them go?" Melissa smiled. "Yes. But until then if you don't like it then you can move out."

David's smile disappeared. "Well then maybe I will since we won't be going on any dates in the near future with you being this mother to everyone!" Melissa yelled, "I AM NOT THEIR MOTHER! THEY HAVE A FATHER!"

David simply turned and left. "I need to go" was all he said. He put his stuff in the car and left. Melissa headed into work, running on fumes. Giovanni tried to talk to her, but she was not listening. She can't believe David right now.

Melissa found her next case on her desk. A case about a dog. This was different. Melissa drove to the house and saw a morgue truck. There was an individual, crying seemingly pathetic tears. He could possibly pass out.

"Oh Nino! Nino who did this to you!" The man was looking at his dog as he said this. There was a Labrador, lying motionless. Melissa politely made her way through and asked the man what had happened. "Someone poisoned baby boy here and thought it would be funny to leave a note!"

Melissa picked up the note. It read 'Stop letting your dog come into my house and track mud everywhere. Said this for years. Look what you made me do.' It was harsh indeed. Melissa asked the man who he believed the note was from. The man a couple doors down was mentioned.

Melissa banged on the door. "Mr. Johnson I have a few questions I want to ask you!" There was no reply. A few minutes later and Melissa had the heavy team destroy the door with a battering ram. There was vomit on the floor. It was collected. This was definitely our lead suspect. But, Mr. Johnson was not there. Melissa told all the police department to run a search on Mr. Johnson. The barf was fresh.

Melissa's phone buzzes. It was a call from Lily. Melissa picked up. "Oh good I think I am using this tool right. There were so many icons!" Melissa deadpanned. "Did you call me to see if the phone works?" Lily spoke, "Ferdinand broke the tv." Melissa tried to hide her growl. "Alright Lily I'll come take a look at it when I come home." She then ended the call.

When Melissa came home after finding the suspect at the gas station, she was greeted by a distressed Lily. When looking at the others, they seemed more calm and cocky. "Alright who broke it?" Lily sighed "Ferdinand!" Melissa forgot which one of the inhabitants was Ferdinand. Lily pointed. They looked at Melissa with amused eyes. "So you are the one that broke the tv." Ferdinand chuckled. "George kept sitting on my hand and so I pushed him into the tv. It almost landed on him." Melissa noticied that he was trying to hold back a laugh. "I can be funny too Ferdinand, by making you pay for a new tv."

Just then, Morgan entered the home after getting off the bus. She went over to her new friends. "Hi!" Lily smiled and said hi. She then walked to Ferdinand. Ferdinand scooted away from her. "Mommy what happened?" Melissa gently led Morgan to her room. "Mommy has had a rough day today, so we will get burgers at Burger Town." Morgan went into her room to play. "Ferdinand you will need a job." Ferdinand tried to hold back another laugh. It was more obvious.

Just then, Melissa got a call. "This is Melissa Ramirez." It was Gio. "Melissa you are gonna need to come see what I have discovered in the lab." Melissa had been through this before. "Gio if it's another spider, you just gotta step on it." Gio was breathless. "No-it's not that. You just need to see this."

Melissa hung up. "Looks like I will need David to take Morgan to Burger Town. You all should go with." George smiled. "Are the burgers big Melissa?" Melissa didn't know what to say except sure.

In the lab, Gio sat with his head down. "Hmmm. I can't figure out what to make of this substance. It's green like mutant ooze but also does not possess mutant DNA." Melissa leaned against the door. "Well you are the brainiac here." A voice spoke harshly, "No I am." It was the blue haired man, named Fern. "Melissa I was contacted by your friend here as well. I know what this substance is. But you need to let me have it." Melissa was tired of this man, unsure why he thought he could have this evidence. "And I should trust you why?"

Fern spoke. "It comes from my part of town. I want to help you. Please let me do so before something bad happens."