S1 Epi 10: A school mishap

Melissa started her day off with a coffee..and a call from Morgan's school. Weird. She never gets a call from the school unless Morgan feels sick. Perhaps Morgan was nervous. She had a school project today that she had been working hard on.

Melissa answered. "Hello?"

An elderly woman answered. "Hello, your daughter is in the office. With the principal."

Melissa was confused. "Is she sick or need anything?" The woman paused. "We will just need you to come to the school ma'am."

Melissa arrived on her lunch break. She was shocked to see Morgan arguing with the principal.

"That's enough out of you. You should have known better."

Melissa came in, "everything alright?" The principal paused. "Oh thank you for coming. Have a seat for we must have a discussion about what happened this morning."

Melissa learned that Morgan did fine on her project, but upon working on an activity that you had to tell a story, she went on with this long story about her family and how her parents are poop heads and when the teacher told her to stop, she didn't. The teacher, becoming impatient, told Morgan that she needs to let someone else have a turn or she is going to the office. She continued talking and argued with the teacher. Now she is arguing with the principal.

Melissa held her daughter's hand. She remembers a time when she herself acted up in school at Morgan's age. When she got to her mother's car. BOOM! CHANCALA RIGHT TO THE FACE AND HER MOTHER'S HARSH WORDS. "HIJA MALO!" The tears that ran down her face.

She decided that it was best to send Morgan home. The others who Morgan had become so fond of were there. It felt like a reward for her bad behavior to be honest but she didn't have time to consider anything else.

"Mom, are you disappointed in me?"
"Frankly, mi hija I am."
Morgan looked down.
"Look at me."
She looked.
She saw her daughter as her daughter saw her and she said. "I just want peace."
"I'll be good mommy."
Melissa gave her reassurance and told her that she is staying off the tablet until further notice.

Then, she went back to work. She was going to call David about it, but realized that he was also working at the precinct today so she could just tell him then.

She had told the objects that Morgan had behaved badly at school and that she was to do her homework with no tablets.

In a sense, David was right. Whatever they are doing is not working for their daughter. She feels that things will get worse if she doesn't separate from him. Morgan would not be upset about the separation of her mother and father but the fighting that occurred almost three times a week was draining and was causing her to have this new side to her.

When she came home, there was a blonde short haired guy in her kitchen, boiling noodles. "Oh hello, I'm cooking some dinner." Melissa had never met this person. They had tribal wrap around them and were walking like that of a solider.

George spoke. "Father told us that our step sibling is cooking tonight."

Melissa's eyebrows twitched. "Who are they and what are they doing in my house?"

George chuckled. "Do you not remember Xavier? They are a little shy." Just then Xavier told George to shut up.

Xavier turned back to the cooking. "The dinner will be ready soon."
Melissa looked at Xavier. "How old are you?"
Xavier frowned. "Bit rude to start a conversation like that mm? I'm a mature age."

Melissa turned to George. "Why do you keep inviting people over here?" George was confused. "Oh he's part of our family." Xavier looked at him. Whoops he misgendered Xavier.

Xavier turned and said. "The dinner is ready. I'll say a few words before we eat ok?" Melissa blinked a couple of times. "Alright."

Everyone gathered around. "I know everyone here is wondering what's going on. Believe me, I am too." There was some chuckles. However, we need to have a meeting amongst the family to discuss an urgent matter. We ask that Melissa, Morgan, and David do not attend.

Melissa frowned. "This is my house." Xavier laughed. "Yes this is your house, and since it is your house we will meet in a smaller location to accommodate our size."

"Again, we ask that you do not attend."
Lily frowned. "Why can't she and her family attend?" Xavier narrowed his eyes. "Father's wishes."