S1 Epi 5: Taking the Bite

Melissa tapped a pen on the paper and scoped out the scene before her. People were being detained and there was that same blue haired man standing next to a filing cabinet, searching for something. Melissa darted over and grabbed him away from it. "This is private property and information." Four nearly screamed. She led him away but he said that he couldn't find his brown haired child.

Melissa remembers a brown haired chick who was one of the suspects. She also saw her talking to a teenager around her age who had orange reddish hair. Later, that boy picked up the phone and seemed to be talking to someone telling them to be careful. She needed to talk to the boy and tell him to give her the location of the girl. Melissa grabbed her coat and searched for the boy within the precinct.

Once finding him, she told the kid to follow her. She asked him how he was and then got right into it. "I saw you were talking to someone earlier on the phone." "Sounded like her." He gulped. "Mind telling me where I can find a brown haired girl by the name of Lily?" The boy sighed. "I'm so worried about her Detective Ramirez." He buried a hand into his extremely orange hair. "She told me that she is trying to help me and my friends find a home to stay at." Tears slowly were building up. "She helped us escape from danger and I feel like I at least owe it to myself to keep them safe."

Melissa rubbed her notes. "Just tell me where she is and I will take care of everything else." The male shuffled in his chair and said "Remember that apartment where we saw that man fall?" Melissa nodded. "That's where they told me they were going." Melissa got up. The kid got up too. "Please don't lock her up. She's just trying to help." Melissa sighed. "That's up to a judge to decide." Melissa then said calmly, "What's your name kid?" "Ferdinand." said the kid. Their hair was spiky and occasionally it looked as though it was illuminated by light, even though there was not much light in the interrogation room.

Melissa then left. Outside, she saw the pink haired individual and a red-head whom she interrogated a day ago. They were with the blue-haired man. Melissa felt that the kids had been telling her the truth. They had nowhere to go. Their father here can't find them a place to stay and sleep. She had to intervene eventually. She remembers there was a bank account that was established to a guy named Greg Puffs. It may get ugly now.

Melissa got into her car and drove to the apartment.

Leafy was carefully walking the rooms of the apartment. She stumbled across a magazine titled Fame and Followers and decided to hold onto it. Her mind was racing when they heard keys jingling from outside the door. Leafy looked for a place to hide. She decided that in the closet was best. The door opened. The figure walked to the bathroom and made a call. A squeaky girlie voice to Leafy's surprise. It had to be the influencer.

Another figure walked in. This time it was a gruff voice and it was mad. It demanded for the woman to open the door and get this all under control. There was hard pounding at the door. When the woman didn't answer, the pounding grew harder and louder. It shook the walls. Leafy was scared. They needed to get out of here. However, she needed a confession. She has watched enough crime shows to know this. When the figure went into the bedroom, Leafy got out of the closet and made her way to the bathroom. She pushed on the door and there stood the woman, her back was turned to her.

"You have to explain to me everything." Her voice scared the woman who pulled out a small blade. "You're never getting anything from me or my manager!" Leafy tried to stay calm. "You or your manager threw that guy from the window and onto that car that was parked outside." " I need for you to come to the precinct and." Just then, the male appeared. He had a gun. "That's it! I'll kill both of you and take the money for myself!" Leafy was confused. "Money?!" The girl spoke. "Greg you can have the money I don't need any of it!" Greg grabbed her roughly. "Sabrina!" "I need for you to cooperate!" "We can't go big on your fashion and skincare unless you are in!" Leafy could smell cigarette smoke coming from Greg.

Just then, the door was kicked in.  A cop walked in and told them to drop their weapons. She had a gun and had it aimed. Leafy could see her cop friend had come to rescue her. Sabrina was the first to drop her weapon. Greg hollered. "I'm better than this!" "We could have won Sabrina!" Melissa commanded him to drop his gun. He tried to take aim and fire at Melissa but she shot first. He fell to the ground.

Melissa said softly but tensly, "Sabrina Shields you are under arrest. Hands behind your back." Sabrina did so and Melissa arrested her. Melissa then noticed the brown haired girl and tapped her foot angrily. "Lily, you are coming with me as well." Leafy smiled. "I solved the case though right?!" Melissa did not speak.

When Melissa returned to the precinct. She took Sabrina to the cells and then took Leafy to where the others were. A sea of frowns and clenched teeth was what she was met with. Melissa spoke. "She was at the apartment. She is lucky she isn't dead." Firey hugged Leafy. The blue haired man scolded her. Firey returned to Melissa. He was grateful that his friend was safe and sound. Melissa spoke without hesitation. "I've made up my mind. You can come stay at my home if you want. I'll keep your family safe." Firey did a double take and then grabbed Melissa's hand. "Thank you thank you thank you!" His hand felt so warm, they were almost hot. He then let go and went to tell his everyone the good news.

Melissa picked up her phone. David is gonna wanna hear this.