Chapter 1

I am Charlotte but most people call me Lottie. I am going to tell it to you straight... I can see the future but I can only see it and not hear it. Also I can’t control when it occurs, it happens at any point. I am 19 and everyone thinks I'm a nutcase. I mean my family love me but they think I'm strange sometimes. My eyes are bright blue, which makes people think I'm even stranger, as for my hair it is black and reaches to my chest.  I'm quite small for my age which doesn’t help either because it’s just another thing for people to bully me about.

My family realised I could see the future when I was about 10 years old, I would keep saying things like, a black bird was going to fly past the window in a few minutes and everyone would turn and look out the window to see if I was right, and along flew the bird. I knew before then but didn’t quite realise what it was.

Years went by and I started to grow quieter until I spoke only to my friend Max.  Max is quite tall and has brown hair, green eyes and happens to be the only person who I can trust, the only person who will listen…without judging.

I cannot walk down the street without someone staring or whispering things about me, they will give me a nudge and call me “the town’s freak”. So Max and me will always meet in the forest mainly because there’s not many people and also because we had made a little hut there for when it’s cold.

My dad’s a very strict kind of guy, and I’m pretty sure he thinks I'm a nutcase too. Therefore my mum is a loving agreeable type of person, but she still thinks I can be a bit strange sometimes. And then there’s my brother Jay, he hates me. He hates me for lots of reasons mainly because I spoil his reputation because I'm so weird.  

Now I'm just the 19-year-old Lottie who talks to no one, except my tall friend in a small pathetic hut in the middle of nowhere. With bullies everywhere I wonder how anything could get any worse?