TWELVE-- Bright Red. Electric Blue. Neon Yellow.

Aspen's POV

I went to my garage because I forgot some paint brushes, as Rudy and Heidi plastic wrap everything that we don't want to get dirty.

When I get back, they are almost done. I open all cans of paint. There are many colors. Bright Red. An Electric Blue. Neon Yellow. All colors that stand out... big time.

When the room is done being wrapped, we dip into the cans and flick our brushes at the wall creating a splatter print on top of the black.

Heidi was busy painting so I walk over to Rudy and move my hand down to one of her sides. She turns around and places her hands on my chest as she kisses me softly. This is part of my plan. Little does she know that I have blue paint in my other hand. I reach to cup her face as she kisses me and blue covers half of it.

I pull away and clutch my stomach before I fall over from laughing so much. "Aspen!" She whines. But unexpectedly a smirk replaces her face. "Oh, it's on!" She adds as she flings red across my face.

What is painting a room without a little fun? I grab a brush containing the blue content and rub it into her hair as she screams. Heidi joins in with the yellow paint and squeals as she does it.

This is how I want to live. I want to find fun, even in the boring things. I want to find it with my family. And these two girls are not only my family, but they are my everything. Why did it take me so long to figure that out?

After finishing painting the room, well, and each other, we run outside to hose off as much paint as we can. The hose is freezing and the girls scream whenever it is their turn to be hosed off. I hand the hose to Heidi as she runs around and flings water everywhere.

I walk up to Rudy and wrap my arms around her waist, burying my face in her neck. She chuckles and turns around to face me. I adjust my grip on her hips as she wraps her arms around my neck and tugs lightly at the tips of my hair.

I find her so damn attractive. Why am I so attracted to her? "I love you, Rudy." I mutter. She looks down at our feet in a blush. So, I tilt her chin up to look at me. "I love you." I repeated reassuringly. I kiss her softly. "I love you, Aspen."

I love her so damn much. I love the way my name rolls off her tongue. I love how she kisses me like it is the first time after all I have done to not deserve her. I love it. I love it so damn much.

"Aspen?" She says, receiving my attention.

"Yes?" I reply.

"Are you sure you want me to marry you? How is this going to work?"

"I thought you would never ask." I say as I get down on one knee and pull out my great grandmother's engagement ring. It's covered in diamonds, forming one expensive flower. My mom was saving it for me, for when I meet the girl. I sure as hell have met the girl- my girl.

"No way. Oh my- Aspen! It's beautiful. I love you so much. I am freaking out right now. Can I kiss you right now?" She rambles.

"Well, I'm flattered-" I say as I stands but she cuts me off as she charges me into a hug. I lift her off the ground, which isn't hard since she weighs lighter than a twig. She immediately kisses me and I am happy that she rambles. All of her emotions seemed to spill out of her mouth, leaving no question as to what she is thinking.

"I almost forgot." I begin to pull of a sheet of paper. "A document, signed by your father, allowing me to gain full legal custody of Mrs. Heidi Moore. And just when you think that I couldn't get any more awesome... our new house, of which the three of us will be living in, is in the heart and soul of your past, Connecticut. The U-haul comes in a few hours. What do you say?" I finish as her jaw drops to the floor.

"I say that you're amazing and I love you. Oh my God. I love you so much. You did all of this for me?"

"Don't flatter yourself, babe. I was for me too." I joke as she kisses me softly and passionately at the same time. It left me craving her, it left me wanting more. She is mine. I am her's. Heidi is ours. And that is exactly how I want it to be.

xxx

"Mom, where are the keys to the U-haul?" I shout as my projected voice filled the house. "On the counter. My baby is getting married. Oh." She cried and pulled me into a hug. Since I am taller than her, my shirt absorbed her tears in a black mascara sticky mess. On my white shirt. Thanks mom. Note my sarcasm.

"Yep. All grown up, okay now I gotta go. Dad is driving Rudy's car and then bringing the U-haul back here. I'll call you when I get there." She whispers a soft 'okay' as she places a wet kiss on my cheek. Gross.

I grab the keys and go to place them in my pocket before a feel paper wedged in it. I take it out and see Rudy's dad's signature. The document. I quickly sign it and take it to the office before I finish packing the U-haul to leave. I am a father now. Oh, I'm a father.I was given a certificate stating so. I was given a certificate of ownership over Heidi, now I need to give it to Rudy.

I am done packing the U-haul and my dad is already driving to my house with Heidi, leaving me with Rudy to drive the U-haul. This is going to be one hell of a ride!

🔮🔮🔮
Hey. Crazy chapter. Love writing for y'all. Updating soon. Should I right a sequel to this book? Comment below! Love y'all!