Fireflight

Ace's POV

After the incident a few hours ago, I make my way to Copper's tent. Surrounded by dead silence at 7 in the morning something had to be wrong. Not like the camp was that loud in the first place. Eric was standing puzzled in front of her desk, turning to look at me as I walked in.

"Nice to see you bird boy." Eric mutters, "Take her pulse for me?"

I raise my eyebrows, "You don't know how to take someone's pulse how stupid are you?"

"I know how to take a pulse, I was just giving you the honors." He says, "Unless you wouldn't want to-"

I push him out of the way, leaning over the desk to take her pulse. He was right. She was dead. I glare at him, before shaking my head. "She's fine."

Eric shrugs, ginning as he walks out of the tent.

I couldn't flip out. "Copper come on, wake up-" Copper jerks awake, her face looking slightly green, "I'm awake what's wrong?" I cross my arms now not really wanting to apologize, "Nothing besides the fact your suppose to be dead." I say being as serious as possible.

She tilts her head thinking for a moment, "Okay." She gets up from her desk's chair, "I suppose that's half good... prepare for a guest later today." I glance at her for a moment, "I didn't know you were actually going to let me participate." She gives me a glare, "I have 7,000 troops leaving my side today, I repeat, today. I'm not going to wait around for you and Lukas to debate on whom's side you're on. Now before I die one more time today-" She stops talking, as she's notices my stare.

I count her tails, there were 8 now. That's how she knew she would be fine, and die multiple times. " Sorry, I'll get to work." I mutter walking out of the tent. Just to be greeted by the freezing temperature again. She followed me, us parting ways seconds later. Without a word between us.

Temperence's POV

Aiden and I decided to follow Ivory, we were presently sitting on a subway connecting Vacuo and Vale, around 6 in the morning. I decided to ignore Ivory for her rash decision. Ivory was too busy staring into space anyways. Aiden quietly sat between Ivory and I until we got to our stop 5 hours later.

We got out of the subway, and then onto a bus to take us to Ivory's house. Aiden decides to converse, "I would like to point out that, we guys need to talk if you're still collaborating." Ivory and I look at him before rolling our eyes. "I messed up," Ivory says, "My fault entirely, we won't be able to get to Atlas to stop this either..." I glare for a minute, she was taking the blame for her team's actions, like Lukas should be doing.

"It's fine, well you did hear Lily, Copper is helping connect two branches of White Fang." I say shrugging, "They won't be in Atlas for long so."

"Ivory don't worry about payment," Aiden says yawning, dropping his wallet, and paying for the ride.

Ivory rolls her eyes, "I wasn't going to pay you unless you asked." she says getting up as the buss stops.

After we got off of the bus we walked the short distance back to her house, going to the designated rooms, and going to sleep.

Copper's POV

I assumed before I killed Jace the other night, that he poisoned some food. It wasn't that, it was more like the food wasn't stored properly. I had Eric discard of it since they were going to be shipped off. Lily constantly hanged around me today; I decided to talk to her.

"Why are you following me around?" I start.

She glares at me, "What exactly am I suppose to be doing? What is Evan suppose to be doing?"

I close my eyes for a moment, my stomach hurting, "Absolutely nothing. We are fine, Raven should be taking this sector in an hour or two anyways. Thus any work is unneeded."

She looks at me questioningly, "What would you think if I left the Fang to work with Evan?"

I smirk, "I would've expected you to do that sooner. You aren't crime material."

She glares again, "That's not what I meant."

I stiffen, "You're asking me for relationship advice?"

Lily shrugs, "Kind of?"

I shake my head, "I can't really help with that-"

She smirks, "Are you sure?"

I turn my head away from her annoyed; walking away towards Lukas's tent.

"Hey Copper, here's some notes," Lukas says shoving a handful of paper towards me, "Don't expect any of it to be 100 percent correct though, you did almost kill me earlier." I roll my eyes grabbing the papers, as Evan and Lily pop up behind me.

"What the fuck are we suppose to be doing." Evan asks, "I'm fucking freezing my ass off to do what now?"

"Hey Nightshade, shut up you wimpy ass punk." Says Lukas rolling his eyes, "This is my tent, I did not invite you or Lily to peek in."

I roll my eyes, "Ask Lily she did bring you here, I for one have nothing planned."

"Some leader you are," Evan snaps storming off.

"You actually partially brought him here," Lily says grinning.

"You had him in my vortex's radius, not my fault." I say walking out of Lukas's tent, "Stop following me around like a lost puppy."

She chuckles, running off after Evan. I needed to complete this path, and then get back to Forever Fall. I needed to make sure I didn't die anymore between then an there. I needed to hope for mercy if I was caught. If I survived this I fully carried out my parents wishes. Their ranks being the only reason I wasn't killed at the Crescent Dust Ceremony.