chapter three

Me and Donna had a nice little chat on our way back home. I explained my situation to her about likely having to marry Ichiji, and she didn't seem to like it either.

When we arrived, there were no signs of the Vinsmokes.
"Donna, do you think we got home a bit too early?" I worriedly look at the maid.
"It is already past noon, they should have arrived by now. Let's go inside, shall we?" She asks as she opens the huge door.

Just as i entered, i spot my mother walking down the staircase.
"Y/N dear, what took you so long? I was getting worried you would not be able to greet our guests when they arrive!" She storms down. "One more action like this and you will be no longer allowed to go outside with Donna!"
"Forgive me your highness. Have the guests arrived yet?" Donna bows at the sight of my mother.
"They are still on their way. Escort Y/N to her room and get her ready to greet the princes!" My mother coldly says as she walks away.
"Come on lady Y/N, I'll help you out" the maid gently grabs my hand and we make our way to my room.

I enter the huge room and plop down on my queen-sized bed, covering my face with my palms.
"Looks like there is no escape for me!" I sigh. Donna warmly smiles as she motions for me to sit on the chair in front of my table and mirror. I slowly get up and make my way there.

"I'm sorry lady Y/N" she apologises.
"There's no need for apologies, you did everything you can, it's not your fault. I'll deal with it somehow" i smile at Donna in the mirror, the maid doing my hair.
"Still, I think you should be careful, lady Y/N. The Vinsmoke family is known for their brutality, coldness and their military power, they call it Germa 66. I don't think this marriage is a wonderful idea, I fear that your soon-to-be husband might be violent towards you" she tells me, true worry in her eyes.

Brutality? Coldness? Germa? Who do my parents want me to marry? I thought that maybe it could be a happy marriage, but violence is something I was not a fan of. And I will need to live with a family like this for the rest of my life? Please, tell me that they are not special guests for this reason!

"Lady Y/N, let's pick out a dress, shall we?" Donna's gentle voice hits my ears, making me snap out of these thoughts.
"Of course, of course... I'll go with my usual dress, is that fine?"
"I don't think we would need anything lot more formal than that, I feel like it is fine" she walks up to my wardrobe and picks out a greenish dress, and hands it to me.

Right after I put the dress on, I hear a knock on the door. It wasn't a soft one. I quickly get to my door, and a maid stands there, slight sweat covering her forehead, looking like she just ran the marathon.
"They're here!" She quickly says between heavy breaths. My eyes widen, knowing very well who "they" are. I look out my window, and see the carriage at the front door.
"Thank you for informing me, go get a rest!" I say to the maid as I run past her, all the way down to the main hall.

Halfway on my way there, I am met with my sisters, looking more formal than usual, excitedly chatting. They turn around when they hear my footsteps.
"Sister! So you have been told, too! Oh, I can't wait to meet them!" Cassandra squeals as we head to the main hall with quick footsteps.
"Y/N, what are you wearing? Don't you think you should have picked something more elegant?" Daniela looks at me, examining my dress from head to toe. "What will they think of you? You're the one who will get married to Ichiji, not us! You should have been the one who dresses nicer than me and Cass! He might refuse to marry you!"
"I hope he does" I mumble as we finally reach the main hall, our mother and father already standing there.

We quickly line up next to our parents and pull ourselves together, taking a deep breath before the door opens.

An extremely tall man enters, four people by his side, all with different hair colours. I noticed that there was somebody behind them, his head lowered a bit, not allowing us to see his face. We all bow, and my mother greets the family.
"Welcome, I am glad you could make it. I bet you had an awfully long journey on the way here. Let me introduce my daughters. Cassandra" she points at Cass with her palm and my sister bows", Daniela, and Y/N, the eldest.
"Pleasure to be here" we both lower our heads at once, and the tall man hums in response.

"We are thankful to be here. My sons and daughter. Ichiji, Niji, Yonji, Reiju, and..." he pauses, like he didn't even want to mention the last man's name. "Sanji."

My eyes widen at the name, memories flooding back from this morning. "Y/N! What's yours?" I shout with a big smile. He thinks about it for a moment, but a huge smile appears on his features.
"It's Sanji!" He introduces himself.

Is this the same man I met earlier today? He was from the Vinsmoke family all along? Donna said they are brutal, violent... cold... but he had such an endearing smile, and spoke so kindly to me...

"Our maid, Donna will give you a tour of the castle, she knows it like the back of her hand. Please get comfortable and make yourself at home. We will meet again at dinner. Donna!" My mother's words interrupt my thinking, and Donna runs down the stairs, giving me a warm smile as she does.

"Your majesty" she bows before the Vinsmokes. "Follow me, please" she walks away, the family following close behind. As they walk away, the blonde man looks up, his lips slowly parting a bit when he notices me.
"Sanji!" The pink haired woman calls out to him and motions for him to hurry up and follow them before he's left behind. He quickly turns his head and catches up to the others with quick steps.