chapter five

I take a deep breath before opening the huge doors to the dining room and entering. My sisters, father and mother were already there. My father was at the head of the table, my mother on his right, and Cassandra on his left, while Daniela next to my mother. I sit down on the chair next to Cass, my heart beating slightly faster than usual.

We sit in silence for a few minutes, when we hear the door open. The Vinsmokes enter, dressed just like they did when they arrived, but this time they had a red cape on. The tall man, who is likely the father, sits down at the opposite end of the table, facing my dad on the other side. The blue haired man sits down next to me, while the blonde one, Sanji, sits opposite of me. We were facing each other, and I warmly smile at him to break the awkward situation. I noticed his eyebrow being curled, and to be honest I found it adorable. He stared kindly at me with his mesmerizing ocean blue orbs, his beautiful hair was covering his other eye. I felt like I could watch him for eternity, but when Cassandra weakly kicks my leg under the table, I realise that I have been looking at Sanji more than I should have, and I look down on my empty plate.

The dinner goes silently. At least on our side. The Vinsmoke brothers were nonstop talking and at each others throat, earning giggles and laughs from my sisters. And mother thought we were bad...

They acted pretty normal in the beggining, but as time passed and the large amount of wine started to kick in, they just wouldn't shut up. I could see my mother get more frustrated with each second, same goes to my father. Before dessert was brought out, they both left. The Vinsmokes did the same, their father almost dragging the boys out, while the girl was calmly walking by their side.

Cassandra and Daniela, getting bored without the company of the Vinsmoke brothers and our parents and finishing their meal, got up and left. It was only Sanji and me left, sitting alone. I was still slowly munching on my food, and he did the same, enjoying every bite.
"I apologise for my family's behaviour" he quietly speaks.
"No need. It wasn't you." I reply after swallowing the last bite.

There was a moment of silence before the door opened. I slowly look up, and it was Donna, holding the pie while looking around the room.
"Is the dinner already over yet?" She asks, looking at me.
"Looks like it. Everybody left earlier." I answer.
"Oh, well, they don't even know about missing out the pie, then. The servants left it in the kitchen, but I thought I'll bring it in. Maybe you or the prince will enjoy it."
"Thank you, Miss" Sanji gently smiles at her as she puts the pie down before us.
"Have a good night, Prince Sanji, Lady Y/N" she bows before leaving.

Sanji looks down at the pie, eyes shining with excitement.
"Do you want to eat it, Miss?" He looks at me.
"We could share, if you do not mind it" I suggest.
"That would be amazing, thank you" he says, looking at the food.

--
It was likely not visible on the outside, but Sanji was beaming with joy right now. He watched Y/N's every move, like she was a goddess, his cheeks tinted a light shade of pink ever since they met in the town. He couldn't deny it, his mind was constantly on you. But deep down he felt bad about it, after overhearing what his father said a few days ago. He wondered if you knew about it, or if your parents are going to reveal it to you later...
--

I grab my knife and cut the pie into half, placing one half on Sanji's plate, and the other on mine.

"Lady Y/N, is that right?" He asks before taking a bite. I nod as a yes. "Is this the pie you were making with that sweet lady a few hours ago?"
"Y-yes... so i was being watched, then" I answer as I start devouring the dish, trying to break the eye contact with him.
"Excuse me if I made you uncomfortable. I was just looking for the kitchen, and remembered what the lady who showed us around the castle said. When I found it, I opened the door, and saw you two making something, and decided not to disturb. This pie is amazing, by the way, likely the best one I ate so far" he explains. My face turns a slightly pink at the compliment, but I pray he doesn't notice it.

"That's really kind of you. It was actually you who gave the idea, back at the town this morning. So it is true, then, you really are a cook. Or was there a different reason for you to find the kitchen?"

Sanji's eyes widen at Y/N's words. Did he really give you the idea? How sweet. His blush going into a deeper shade at the thought of a pretty lady like Y/N actually using his idea.

"So you heard then. Yes, I am a cook. I was trying to find the kitchen to help preparing dinner."

We were about to have a nice little conversation, when suddenly a maid opened the door.
"Prince Sanji, the others are waiting for you in your father's room upstairs. They asked me to inform you to finish dining." She bows.
"Is there a specific reason for it?" He asks.
"They only told me this"
"I should get going then. Good night Lady Y/N. It was nice talking to you" he leaves with a smile on his face, the red cape flowing behind him.
"Good night Lady Y/N" the maid bows before she leaves the room.

I quickly finish my food, and go upstairs to my room. Tomorrow will be a big day, after all.

I get dressed into my nightwear, and plop down on my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about Sanji. He acted differently than his brothers. He was kind, and smiled at me. He even complimented my cooking! These thoughts echo in my head before I drift off to sleep.